Today is a good day

• Thread starter QuantumCybin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
IMG_2075_zps0mrbqmcg.jpg

Seriously can't wait for this to finish installing. I'm ready to be overwhelmed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear your review when you get it going, with clips & screenshots.
Dedicated Arturia, The Analog Lab + V-Collection for a few years now. Wha

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
From other people's reviews and demonstrations I've seen, I feel like I'm going to have mess around with this thing for months before I can wrap my head around all of its potential. This is compounded by the fact that Omnisphere 2 comes out at the end of this month. I don't think I'm ready :ugh:

I'm guessing I'll be able to post a clip before anything. The songs I've heard people make with solely Omnisphere are awesome.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Okay, so here's a test clip I made using Omnisphere, Zombass 4, and my recently acquired PRS SE 7. Now mind you, the patches I pulled from Omnisphere are completely stock; I didn't modify a single thing about any of the three that I used. This program is just...insane. I'm gonna lose my mind tinkering with all the possibilities :wavey:

I apologize for the mixing job, sort of half-assed it but I think it sounds decent :fawk:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/quantummottle/omnisphere-test-wip-april[/SC]

TallestFiddle

Reaction score
The synth part in the beginning is really cool, I love the haunting atmosphere of it combined with the cool glitchy synth part. The guitar tone that comes in though is super fizzy and it sounds like its clipping, I'm not a big fan of it. Try to lower the volume of the guitar compared to the synth, and if that doesnt work, try to come up with a different tone for it.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Spectrasonics has some really powerful engines in their software. Their Stylus RMX were awesome and Omnisphere is a beast to put it mildly. It will take a lot of time to tweak and play, but you can quite literally have a blast with the amazing standard sounds. I love their evolving sounds and organic material !

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
The synth part in the beginning is really cool, I love the haunting atmosphere of it combined with the cool glitchy synth part. The guitar tone that comes in though is super fizzy and it sounds like its clipping, I'm not a big fan of it. Try to lower the volume of the guitar compared to the synth, and if that doesnt work, try to come up with a different tone for it.

Yeah it was a half-ass mixing job on my part, but it wasn't clipping, just really fizzy sounding. I decided to run the source signal (JamUp from my iPad) through a Rectifier impulse I have from RedWirez. Made the sound a lot less fizzy and sit in the mix better.

Here's something else I came up with; I posted it in a separate thread but I suppose it can fit in here too. Everything was made in Omnisphere.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/quantummottle/dream-omnisphere-test-clip[/SC]

Latest posts

')