Token Lounge 12/18 gig report(Justdefy/Regor content)

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Leon, Bob, Amber (Leon's woman), Nate(Bob's cousin) and I all ventured up north to Detroit to Token Lounge to see Regor's band Justdefy.

First things first the Token Lounge, where the gig at has a kick ass sound system. How kick ass? My ears are still ringing. :lol: It sounded really good though and the mix was one of the better ones I've heard in a club. :metal:

The first band was Mellotron and they were fuckin awesome. Seriuosly is was great shit. The musicianship was amazing. The songs were great. The vocal harmonies kicked all kinds of ass. If you ever get a chance to see these guys do it. OBTW Regor's brother is in this band to.

The next band I think was called Damn Reality. Only Leon's chick dug them very much. So moving on.

Next up was Justdefy and they were metal as fuck! :metal: Their cover of Queensryche's "Empire" was bad ass. The whole set was killer. Regor is hysterical on stage. He exudes how much he loves playing the music. He's all over the stage with big ass shit eatin grin just forging metal like the crazy kickass mofo he is. :hbang: Seriously please if you get the chance them out do it. You will not regret it.

Battlecross was the last band and we skipped out after two songs not because they sucked but because we lived fairly far from the gig( I love about 100 miles from Detroit) and it was getting late.

All in all an awesome show. :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Rog's band doing Queensryche was fucking terrific, no doubt. They also did a real nice cover of 'Cemetary Gates', and had some cool, groove metal type jam that had the place rockin'.

Seriously awesome sound there. It just fucking stomped all over anything club/small-to-med venue here in T-Town. Plus they actually had *gasp* OLD DUDES running shit. Guys who actually knew how to run a live mix. As a part time sound dude, I was IMPRESSED. I've never seen or heard such an awesome live sound rig in a place like that.

Mellotron was bad ass. Not death metal at all. They got a myspace. (myspace.com/mellotronmetal) Great stage presence, and one of the tightest live bands I've ever seen. Good shit.

It was a fun time, except for the $4 beers! :mad: That's 2 and a half King Cobras! :mad: Oh well. I got smashed when I got back home.

Thanks to Leon and Eric for the rides. :hbang: Thanks to Rog for the hospitality. And thanks to Leon's dog Daisy for the puppy love. :lol:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm glad you all were able to come to the show! I know how much of a deterrant driving can be, especially with gas the way it is. Thank you all very much for coming out. I had such a blast. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. And we haven't played a gig since Sept. 22nd! So it was a little rough (As could be heard by Cemetery Gates' intro), but we forged ahead and kicked everyones asses! That was one of the biggest crowds we've ever played to, so that was an added excitement getter.

I'm still 'high' from last night's performance... and VERY SORE! My neck is straining to keep my head upright today. God that was fun! You guys picked the perfect night to come up and see us.

Oh yeah... THE RHINO WORKS NOW!!!! IT'S NOT FOR SALE BITCHES!!! :lol:

I'ma order up a push-push 250k pot, and use it as a killswitch (when needed).

Huge thanks to Leon for driving. Much appreciated bro!

And before someone goes :worth:, my buddy took 405 pictures with his digital SLR camera (12mp? or something like that). As soon as he gets them to me, I'll post them up.

Unfortunately, the soundboard recording we paid $25 for, doesn't have the 'other' kick drum in it (There was some difficulties during our sound check with that mic cable. Oh well. We've got video, and our own audio open-air mic to preview and see what will work.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Big :yesway: for playing Empire, awesome shit :metal: I can't wait to see the pics. Do we get to see the video?

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Pics!!

Before the curtains opened, with the Rhino and my kickass new Saw shirt!
3454794101774756.jpg

Big pick scrape pic
34547941017e31b7.jpg

I have fun on stage... can you tell?
3454794116689c65.jpg

And I'm too busy having fun to make "mean, evil" metal faces...
34547941167124a8.jpg

Good pic of the Randy
34547941168c5594.jpg

Nice shot of the rig behind me
3454794116778722.jpg

Again, me having fun
34547941167dd45f.jpg

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I feel sorry for you Michiganders. Shit is expensive up there. I can do shots of 151 for 2 fitty down here. Shit, mosts shots of everything are about 2.50.

And those pics cannot capture how fucking LOUD that club is. It's crazy for a place that size.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the sound system was loud. My hearing is just now back to normal. :lol: I could literally feel my pants move during a few of the songs. It was pretty insane. :hbang:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I will say this, the Token Lounge does draw the hotties. :agreed:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh Heavens yes that bartender was indeed hot. That other blonde chick by the soundboard with the short hair was sporting so much extra bottom is was begging for me to knock it out. :D

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck yeah. I'd tap. :agreed:

That bartender blonde was hot as fuck.

Hehe, yeah, I've been going there for shows so much lately, that girl remembers me... cuz I always order a 151 shot, and a pint of Blue Moon (Which they were out of that night! :mad: )

And yeah?!? What gives with all the hotties at a metal show???? I've never seen that many good looking chicks at a local metal show! We gotta recreate that lineup again! (Hell, there was one girl in front of the stage that my buddies were telling me that she couldn't keep her eyes off of me! :flex: And yes, I talked to her after our gig. We'll see what happens.)

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Which one? I was standing right in front of you most of the show to. :lol:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Short girl with shoulder length jet black hair, glasses, wearing a Friday the 13th shirt.

Latest posts

')