Tone knob mod?

Reaction score
So i've got the AHB-1 Blackout in the bridge, just leaving the neck inactive for the meantime.

I'm wondering if anybody knows how I could basically convert my tone knob into just a switch? I like the throw the tone down about 3/4 turn for lead stuff, I'd just like to be able to flip a switch instead of twisting the knob. I'm sure I would have to mess with different cap values to acheave the whole 3/4 turn sweet spot instead of the full drop.. I'm just not sure how I would go about converting to a switch.

Any help is greatly appreciated friends!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sirppi

Reaction score
What are the values of the pot and the cap? The pot's probably linear?

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I'm avoiding the real question here I know, but wouldn't the bridge with the tone rolled that far down just be very similar to what you'd get from the neck pup with tone all up?
Not exactly the same but close, and it'd be a simpler more versatile fix.

Sirppi

Reaction score
I think you can substitute the pot with a resistor. Wire from preamp-> switch-> 6.2k resistor-> .47cap-> ground. That would simulate the pot turned down 3/4 turn.

Reaction score
This seems to make sense to me!! Thanks Sirppi!

I'll get back on when I get the time to try it out and let you guys know how it goes.

Sirppi

Reaction score
As a response to your PM:

Untitled-1.jpg

I think this should do it :)

')