Tone test-Pod HD Uber Model

• Thread starter Blazerok
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blazerok

Reaction score
Hey everyone, time for yet another demo of the Pod HD! This time i managed to get a pretty satisfying tone out of the Uberschall model, by lowering the low mids before the amp and boosting it using a TS model. Finally, i used the Hiway 4x12 cab model.

Take a listen HERE

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i am getting the best tones from the Uber model too, without a doubt. I still don't get along with the on-board cab models though. That foggy low mids sound and the distant high end is just too hard to work with. The low end is really bumpy too.

Right now i am just running Gate-Screamer-Gate-Uber-Gate. Sounds excellent. You should try it with the Presence knob turned down to 45%, then you work the EQ from there. I am finding that just like on the X3L, the HD series likes extreme settings on the EQ. I generally find the best tones when the bass, mids, and treble knobs are all around the 70-80% area. On the amp models with normal Presence knobs, i might keep it around 65%, maybe reverse the treble and presence values depending on the model.

Blazerok

Reaction score
i am getting the best tones from the Uber model too, without a doubt. I still don't get along with the on-board cab models though. That foggy low mids sound and the distant high end is just too hard to work with. The low end is really bumpy too.

Right now i am just running Gate-Screamer-Gate-Uber-Gate. Sounds excellent. You should try it with the Presence knob turned down to 45%, then you work the EQ from there. I am finding that just like on the X3L, the HD series likes extreme settings on the EQ. I generally find the best tones when the bass, mids, and treble knobs are all around the 70-80% area. On the amp models with normal Presence knobs, i might keep it around 65%, maybe reverse the treble and presence values depending on the model.

cool i'll try it out! Have you tried the Hiway cab? It's great. I got some tips on tweaking my tones from this site.

MeAmBobbo PodHD Tone Guide - Contents

one question: what did you use for the drums on this clip?

It's all Metal machine EZX with a bit of processiong on S2.0. Pretty straight forward though, the stock tones from MM EZX are great!

Thanks for listening guys! i appreciate it :wavey:

')