Tonedeaf Test

• Thread starter jaredowty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I got 83.3%, but could have done better had i not been listening on my laptop's built-in speakers.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
72.2% and never trained my ears so this is not bad. But I see I will have to start now working on it.

cool test

D

Desecrated

im very sorry to inform you, but this is a test to see if people can easily be manipulated. not the check the "tonedef"factor.

jjjsssxxx

Reaction score
80.6%

eh, just kinda wanted it to be over about half way through

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I got 83.3%

This seems to be more of a memory test than a tone-deafness test. Some of the phrases were pretty long and difficult to remember. I think you should get at least 1 or 2 replays.

EDIT: This one's better:

http://tonometric.com/adaptivepitch/

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
tried it again this morning 88.9.....beat dat bitches!!:cool:

um I got "at 500 hz you can differentiate two tones 2.1hz apart.

I have no idea if that is good or bad.lol

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I did the second test posted and got 80.6%, not bad considering I have no musical training and have never ever done any ear-training lol.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
We had a thread on this before, and as mentioned by Desecrated this is not really a tone deaf test.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I could hear within 1.05hz. Not too shabby.

Damn dude, that's pretty good :metal:

I got around 1.6 hz. I'm borderline awesome :lol: (anything below 1.5 is really really good).

I think that this is one of those things where you can actually train your ears and get better at it.

mefrommiddleearth

the abominabal poop
Reaction score
at 500hz I can reliably differentiate two tones 5.7 hz apart
and I got 83 on the test (the one posted by nik)
considering I have no musical ear training I feel pretty good about that

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
This is definately a tone test, not a memory test, because it makes you hear the "hidden" notes that some people cant make out easily, While someone with a highly developed ear can get 10 notes in the phrase, someone with a worse ear may only hear 8 notes..

I got like 91.7% or something like that.. screenshot was on the other thread of this.. One dude on here, forget who though someone got 98% from here wasnt it? Didn't do the second one yet but I will when I have more time

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
This is definately a tone test, not a memory test, because it makes you hear the "hidden" notes that some people cant make out easily, While someone with a highly developed ear can get 10 notes in the phrase, someone with a worse ear may only hear 8 notes..

I got like 91.7% or something like that.. screenshot was on the other thread of this.. One dude on here, forget who though someone got 98% from here wasnt it? Didn't do the second one yet but I will when I have more time

I was referring to this one:http://jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

')