Tony MacAlpine rejoins PLANET X!!!

progmetaldan

Reaction score
Wow this news is too good to be true, but it is!

From his website: { Tony MacAlpine - The Official Website - Coming Soon }

April 17, 2009:
TONY RE-JOINS PLANET X!
Tony has re-joined Planet X - the band will be heading into the studio later this year for a new album and tour!

and same on his myspace: MySpace.com Blogs - Tony MacAlpine MySpace Blog

Tony has rejoined Planet X!

The band will return to the studio later this year!

Stay tuned for more news.

YESS!! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Great news! :) They don't seem to have had any luck finding a replacement for him who's clicked with them in the same way.

Daggorath

-.-
Reaction score
Great player but just don't think he's as classy as some of the players on the last album. I'm sure the album will be epic as always but Garsed/Holdsworth are something else. Then again, if it's a more permanent lineup they might tour, which would be great. Hmm...

Dyingsea

Reaction score
About time... Garsed and Holdsworth are great players and good at what they do but they don't fit Planet X.

vgguru39

Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly^^

It would have been sweet to hear Machacek out of his element a little bit and working with Planet X. Macalpine is great though. Heck all their guitar players have been.

progmetaldan

Reaction score
Awesome, now if only he would make another CAB album!

Have you heard their latest one, 'Theatre de Marionettes'?

About time... Garsed and Holdsworth are great players and good at what they do but they don't fit Planet X.

I love the latest album with those two, but yeah I reckon Tony is the perfect fit, great to have him back!

Good news! Although i would have liked to hear Alex Machacek play on their next album.

That definately would be interesting, and he'd probably be my next choice after Tony and Brett, but I think I'd prefer him to record guitars for the 'Virgil Donati Band' just a little bit jazzier...