TOO Djenty and Trebly?

• Thread starter brootalboo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
1)Lower volume in the vocal track + more reverb . Good vocals though!

2)Low pass filter as stated above

3)A couple of notches can work wonders

4)A bit more bass in guitar and bass.Is there even a bass track there? :lol:

Dakota

Reaction score
I'd say I've improved my mixing capabilities in the last month, wouldn't you say? I've taken into account that treble was my enemy on that EP. But now I have some new DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm headphones, and this is my most recent mix! Lobotomy Party by Dakotak on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

P.S. THANKS FOR THROWING ME UNDER THE BUS DAN, GOOD JOB. BEG FOR FORGIVENESS!

And I've changed my tone a lot as well.

Last edited:

fleshwoodsteel

Reaction score
You just never know when your band mates are on the same forum :wallbash:
But as a comparison between the two tracks, the second one seems to lack definition in the mid/high range. It's not muddy, and the note articulation comes through, but it just doesn't "cut" if you know what I mean.

Fantastic song by the way, I love the triplet hammer/pulloffs. Nice work.

EDIT: I just listened to the remixed version, and the drums are 100% better, better balance overall.

pantera95

Reaction score
wow that's a huge improvment to the OP man, good job on that mix. As you said, tone is much better!

Reaction score
I'd say I've improved my mixing capabilities in the last month, wouldn't you say? I've taken into account that treble was my enemy on that EP. But now I have some new DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm headphones, and this is my most recent mix! Lobotomy Party by Dakotak on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

P.S. THANKS FOR THROWING ME UNDER THE BUS DAN, GOOD JOB. BEG FOR FORGIVENESS!

And I've changed my tone a lot as well.

I wouldnt get mad at him because the tone in the original link was pretty harsh man. :lol:

Iheartmidgetbooty

Recording Studio Idiot
Reaction score
The later mix sounds good, but the kick is just soooooooooooooo overpowering. maybe lower the in, out mics and increase the sub mic just a tiny bit?

but yes...tone has greatly improved.

Latest posts

')