Tool - Australian Tour 2013

• Thread starter EdgeC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HRC51

Reaction score
Come back and tour in the USA when you are done. Please

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Cannot wait!! My mates gf signed up for the presale tickets. Hopefully can get a nice seated view of them lol. One of the few bands i don't like standing/moshing for, gotta sit down and enjoy everything going on, while having a few drinks and whatever else lol

Its been an onslaught of good bands coming out, wtf is going on. Got soundwave in a few weeks, opeth, tool, then deftones...pretty much all in consecutive monthes. That's rare for down here lol

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Jeez I hope they don't go out on the last album, it was good, but it wasn't great like the two that preceded it.

Gnome7

Reaction score
I would love that, but no...
Sorry Folks, No Tool Record This Year Either
(at least for an album, hopefully we'll at least get some tours)

I wouldn't put to much stock into Maynard. He's fucked with us fans several times. I hope we do get new material though.

Edit: Danny Carey says they are halfway done.
http://www.fourtheye.net/2013/01/danny-speaks-in-rhythm-magazine/comment-page-1/

What stage are you at in the writing process for the new Tool album?
We have six or seven really good frameworks that we’re working on. We’re over half way in my opinion. The first tune is always hard to get polished off. It seems like on every record we have this big, epic thing like ‘Rosetta’, ‘Wings for Marie’ or ‘Lateralus’. That’s the one we’re focusing on now. Once we knock out that, the other songs fall into place around it. We’re right on the fringe of knocking that big one out. We’re all excited and it seems to have progressed really well.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
i know they like fucking with their fans, but yeah, i really doubt the new album is coming out this year.

He's touring with puscifer, APC and Tool, i don't think he's got much time to get into studio! on the plus side, atleast the instrumental stuff is flowing along nicely :D

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
Fuck yeah! Best news all week and best of all, it's not at a festival!

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score

Doug N

Reaction score
Interesting to hear that Jones is listening to a lot of metal now, calling out Mnemic specifically.

')