Tool Recording New Material

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Via Blabbermouth:
Over the Thanksgiving break, TOOL entered the studio with producer Joe Barresi (ISIS, COHEED & CAMBRIA, PUSCIFER, TOMAHAWK) to begin recording the group's new album. According to a posting on TOOL's official web site, he bandmembers are tracking all songs to tape — using a Studer A827 analog tape recorder — at their own home studio instead of going the digital route.

TOOL frontman Maynard James Keenan this past summer gave The Pulse Of Radio an update on the band's next album and warned fans not to believe everything they read. "We're just always writing and it's just progressing as it progresses," he said. "We normally don't say anything about anything until it's actually happening, because there's a lot of people online that apparently can't read very well. I put an April Fool's notice up there for the album release, and it was this year, 2011, I said, 'New TOOL album, such-and-such a date, 2009, and everybody ran around like, 'Oh, really, the new TOOL --?' God, you guys are dumb. I swear to God. You've got to read. Please, read."

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Hahaha Maynard. He funny. But he speaks teh truth.. :ugh:

flint757

Reaction score
I'm still waiting :lol:

Well it least we don't have to wait 14 years like with Cynic ( or do we ):squint:

Atomshipped

Reaction score
I hope my expectations aren't too high. This will probably be there last album (they're getting quite old) and I'd really love it if they put out an album as good as Lateralus.

Ill-Gotten James

Reaction score
I'm ready for a new Tool album. There are very few bands that can create albums that I can listen from track 1 to the end without skipping a song, but Tool has never let me down. I like all of their songs. Most of their songs may be written in the key of D, but fuck it, the music is great as far as I'm concerned.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
That quote from Maynard is from a while ago.

I dig Baressi's work, but I was hoping they'd work with someone that'd make them sound bigger, sonically.

Can't wait, either way!

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Haha, Keenan has a good sense of humor, can't wait to see the new Tool album out, will definitely be another purchase when it comes out.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
tumblr_lhcuxuvHVy1qh3fbdo1_500.jpg

Loved Lateralus and 10.000 Days :)
Will be exciting to see what they come up with next! ^_^

Kaos-G

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear it! Hopefully they will also do a tour to promote it, I would really love to see them live!

')