Toontrack - Metal Guitar God 2013 - Contest

• Thread starter Lorcan Ward
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
1382297_10151683191127308_259698548_n.jpg

Just got an email this morning from Toontrack about another guitar contest with some incredible prizes. Judges are Misha, Chris Broderick and Corey Beaulieu. Only 19 days long too so it shouldn't get swamped with 1000+ entries. Its worldwide too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2c-SURVoUM

Download the modified backtrack for "Erised" by Periphery and record video and/or audio of your solo over it. From there you upload the clip to either your YouTube channel or through this app. Share your clip! The 15 entries with the most votes go through to the judges' round. Tips: Use the original lead (heard here, starting at approx. 02:06) as a foundation, but do your own thing. Technical, simple, fast, slow – it doesn't matter. The point is not to copy the original, it's to stand out. That's what will get you votes – and ultimately make you Metal Guitar God 2013. And of course, get you the grand prize at an estimated value of $4,900 (a brand new Jackson seven-string B7 Deluxe plus an all-metal software/sound package from Toontrack). Find complete info as well as second and third runner up prizes here. What are you waiting for?

Backing track and stuff can be downloaded here:

Winner

A jaw-dropping package including a brand new seven-string Jackson SA Select B7 Deluxe™ in satin grey, an all-metal software/content package from Toontrack (25 titles!) and a $150 voucher at the number one tabs and guitar inspiration site online, Jam Track Central.

First Runner-up:

A Jackson JS32-7Q Dinky™ in natural, the same monumental Toontrack 25-title software/content package outlined above and a $75 voucher at Jam Track Central.

Second Runner-up:

Toontrack software/content package (25 titles!) and a a $75 voucher at Jam Track Central.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Damn, man. That would be cool to win, but I'm really not a solo guy at all. :shrug:

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Brace yourselves..."vote for my solo"-threads are coming.

Maniacal

Reaction score
Great... It's done by votes. No point in entering this one.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Spent 2 hours trying to get the nuances right so here's my entry (and shot ass camera!)

Reaction score
Yeah, the votes thing is a little annoying. Hard to get yourself out there without much of an online presence :/

Still gonna enter though!

Shammas

Reaction score
Since we're all posting ours in this thread, I'd better hop on board!

I really like OddGoat's out of all the ones in this thread.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
I've been watching loads of these when I get the time. I can definitely say the contributions in this thread so far blow away at least half of them. I'm sure an SSOer is going to win. So far I think Lord Voldemort has the best one out of all I've seen.

Taylord

Reaction score
Some of these entries are pretty cool! Hopefully the Ever Forthright guy doesn't enter haha.

')