Toontrack's November is METAL MONTH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I've been considering purchasing EZ Drummer/DFH lately, so maybe something even better is around the corner.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^I'm betting on another EZDrummer expansion. Probably just a Metal Foundry port into EZDrummer.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome, Testament! :lol: So basically, Toontrack just added 25% more Sneap?...
Who's the second band?

Fred

Reaction score
Awesome, Testament! :lol:

More or less exactly my reaction, haha. Like others have said I'm expecting the main deal to be an EZX of Metal Foundry, but I'm intrigued to see what the other releases are. Bizarrely I seem far more inclined towards their less metal-oriented expansions for the kind of drum sound I'm after, though... Maybe this'll change that.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I think one of them is some of the steven slate samples as an add-on

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is slightly OT but i was curious...

Does anybody make a Drum modeler? A piece of software that doesn't use samples but actually calculates the hits of each drum. Im sick of everyone using the same samples. :lol:

jaco815

Reaction score
Imageline has Drumaxx; does exactly what you asked. It still sounds like electronic stuff for the most part, but I guess you could say it bridges the gap between electronic and acoustic drum sounds. Roland sounds are modeled as well, which is why they are so shitty.

jaco815

Reaction score
I think one of them is some of the steven slate samples as an add-on

I would like to see all of the Steven Slate samples done as an SDX add-on. That would be great. I still need to try that Joe barresi SDX but that is a big commitment, I think it's a scoach pricey.

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
I would like to see all of the Steven Slate samples (with the cymbals and hats replaced with Superior samples) done as an SDX add-on. That would be great. I still need to try that Joe barresi SDX but that is a big commitment, I think it's a scoach pricey.

Fixed.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Eugh no. TBH I think everyone needs to get out of the super tight, super dry, super compressed Sneap/SSD drum sound. I use it on some stuff, at the band's request, but whenever it's completely up to me I try to use drum sounds that are actually possible :lol:

Sampling is fast becoming too much of a uniform and orthodox practice IMO.

Bruiser

Banned
Reaction score
There's conveniently a sale going on at Musician's Friend for EZ Drummer and any expansion for 99 USD. Could this mean that they're cutting deals on a product that's expecting some kind of replacement soon?

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
Those drums in that clip sounded like just about the best I've heard a Toontrack product sound for metal. I think I'll be buying yet another TT product in November. :\

')