Tornado Of Souls Live

• Thread starter Naren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SHREDDER

ShredAholic
Reaction score
Very Cool!

No matter how many times I see Marty Friedman play, I just can't get over his onorthodox picking style. How that guy can pick the way he does is just amazing. he has the strangest picking style and hand position I have ever seen and to this day I just don't know how he does it.

Am I alone on this?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
SHREDDER said:
Very Cool!

No matter how many times I see Marty Friedman play, I just can't get over his onorthodox picking style. How that guy can pick the way he does is just amazing. he has the strangest picking style and hand position I have ever seen and to this day I just don't know how he does it.

Am I alone on this?

No. I have always thought so too. I just stare at it and wonder how he manages to pull off such fluid and complicated solos with such an awkward-looking hand position and picking style. :scratch: But, it works for him, so I can't say anything against his style. I just don't know how he does it, either.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Steve Morse picks almost the same way. I'm convinced that their hands are attatched funny.

Splinterhead

Sojourner
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm getting carpal tunnel just watching it.

usagi

more gain please
Reaction score
Friedman is an awesome player! Great video. That is one of my favorite Megadeth songs.

Shikaru

Mechanical Thunder
Contributor
Reaction score
:yesway: That video was pretty cool, despite the fact I don't really like megadeth (Mostly DM's voice I don't like). Although I do have some sort of best of megadeth CD, and I rather like Holy Wars :hbang:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, i didnt like the way his voice came across in this..but oh well. Marty rules.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Dave's voice live never is that great. I actually thought in this video his voice sounded better than it did in most live videos. As many people have said, he's not the greatest singer. The first time I ever heard Megadeth I thought "hm, he can't sing that well, can he?" At least on the albums, his voice is something you have to get used to.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, Dave can play, but the singing in Megadeth was never something to write home about. Though admittedly, most Thrash fans don't care about vocals. ;)

Still, what he did 'improving' the vocals(and mix) on the remasters was a huge downgrade from their original versions.

')