Torpedo Reload + torpedo cab = torpedo live? - How to

• Thread starter DI0H
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DI0H

Reaction score
Hello!

Is there an appropriate way to connect a torpedo reload di's out to a cab simulator (torpedo cab)?
It has a XLR balanced output. The cab has a TS input. (I think if I just use a cable adapter or converter XLR->TS, I could lose audio quality, frequencies, etc)
I know the Suhr reactive has the option of a TS unbalanced output + the XLR one, for example.

GOAL: Use my head live without any cabinet connected, straight to the PA with glorious cabinet simulation, just like the torpedo live would do alone.

Then I'd spare buying a torpedo live for that purpose. The reload+CAB would do the job.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have the cab and the reload already? It's much easier to just use the live.
But a balanced to ts input adapter would do the trick.

DI0H

Reaction score
I just bought a reload, and I'm planning to buy the cab next week, as I have a lot of different preamps it would be a nice add to my set.

If I use the XLR-TS cable, or adapter, in my experience, I'd lose a lot of clarity, sound quality... would THE CAB work with THE SAME QUALITY hooked up this way as it does with other preamps (vtwin, tubeman, le lead, etc)?

Thanks for the answer.

Cheers

DI0H

Reaction score
If full audio quality with this xlr/ts option is not a possibility, I'm still in time to return my reload and buy a suhr reactive instead.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
do you actually need the attenuator function?
or are you ok with just the load box. if you don't need the attenuation function the live does almost everything the reload does

')