Tosin Abasi Slap Guitar/Thumbstyle lesson

• Thread starter WishIwasfinnish
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShreddingDragon

Silence the discord
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, gonna try that when I get back to my 8. Post your prog metal soon man!

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
my brother is a huge Tosin Abasi fan and has been wanting to learn this technique for quite some time but couldn't quite figure it out

Thanks!

Paul666

Reaction score
here's my thumb technique:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5213028/Video%2019.07.12%2001%2058%2022.mov

It's unplugged (2am here), sorry for that.
I'm not sure with my movement. In my case it's more a arm movement, I use my wrist to do the thumb down and up and then I pull my fingers with an upward movement with my arm. pretty hard to explain, hope you see it in the video.

But in Tosins thumb lesson from jamplay.com he tells that he does it all in one movement. When I use only my thumb and index finger it works pretty good but when I try to incorporate my middle finger I use my "old technique". :wallbash:

piggins411

Reaction score
Awesome video dude. Could someone explain the thumb technique? I'm not quite sure which part to use. The way I'm currently doing it doesn't seem to make sense

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
You have a nice manner about you, which is always helpful. Some close ups of your hands would probably help people as you shuffle about in your chair, so the angle to the camera changes.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
Yeah its not the best produced video, just sort of a quick thing I did. Maybe I'll make a more in depth one in the future with better angles. Thanks

Francis978

Reaction score
This is brilliant! I can do slap style bads so the thumb technique is not too hard, but damn does it kick ass, I seriously wont stop practicing this!

Thanks for the lesson!

')