Tosin Abasi's new LACS!(8 string hollow body)

• Thread starter animalsasleader
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
I still can't believe he takes that on tour. If it was mine, it would be locked in a vault at my house and only used for recording. It's too pretty to take the abuse of the road. And I'd be too worried about theft.

I would be extraordinarily counterintuitive for Ibanez to make what would otherwise be a $5000+ guitar for an artist and then have the artist never appear in public with it. They dont build these guitars so guys can hide them away for fear of hurting them. They build them to be played until they are worn to bits and then they build another one.

Also - FWIW the upper fret access is not an issue. It might be a little awkward compared to a 2228 but its certainly no great feat to play in the high range.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
This is something Ibanez should have put out. This as a MIJ Tosin Sig would be so amazingly epic.

But, alas, I doubt it will happen in the near future, if ever.

FrostyTheDroMan

Reaction score
Tosin is such a beast, he's definitely one of those guitarists that I'm just in awe watching... freakin spider fingers man!

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
I don't think you understand how much work and money it costs to mass produce guitars. :lol:

not gonna start an argument here. but they could definitely mass produce one of these for under $1000. it wouldn't have the truly custom stuff, like the burled top, lundgrens, ghost piezo system, etc. and it obviously wouldn't have the quality a "signature guitar" would carry. but it could definitely be done.

wether or not they will do it, whole other situation...

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
not gonna start an argument here. but they could definitely mass produce one of these for under $1000. it wouldn't have the truly custom stuff, like the burled top, lundgrens, ghost piezo system, etc. and it obviously wouldn't have the quality a "signature guitar" would carry. but it could definitely be done.

wether or not they will do it, whole other situation...

They could probably builda semi-hollow 8 string RG for $1K sure (though it'd still end up being more around $1.7K) but it would not have nearly as good specs as that custom. That, and it just isn't a big enough market. 8 strings are pretty niche as it is.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They could probably builda semi-hollow 8 string RG for $1K sure (though it'd still end up being more around $1.7K) but it would not have nearly as good specs as that custom. That, and it just isn't a big enough market. 8 strings are pretty niche as it is.

Thus it wouldn't be a production version of this guitar :lol:

Honestly though folks, it's completely pointless to debate what Ibanez could do and it's definitely not the purpose of the thread, so let's stay focused on Tosin and his badass guitar :D

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
Thus it wouldn't be a production version of this guitar :lol:

Honestly though folks, it's completely pointless to debate what Ibanez could do and it's definitely not the purpose of the thread, so let's stay focused on Tosin and his badass guitar :D

word :D

TybudX

Reaction score
Off topic, but he's been working out. He's at least 15 lbs heavier than the most recent videos I've seen of him.

')