Tosin Abasi's new LACS!(8 string hollow body)

• Thread starter animalsasleader
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Black_tear

Reaction score
Oh noooo, and i thought i had cured my GAS.
Can't stand watching these, damn you Tosin :realmad: :lol:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I'm really looking for info on this - why he chose these materials, pickups, and design over those of his TIL 8.

Vinnydude

The Shipman Project
Reaction score
Sorry if it's a repost but WOW :drool:

64018_481300996907_160175836907_7013792_3279825_n.jpg

Frap frap frap frap frap frap

Oh, nice guitar too Mr Abasi :p

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Threads merged :yesway:

No because it would be $4k and then everyone would just bitch about the price :rofl:

Well, there probably wouldn't be any Lundgrens, and I doubt that they would use burled maple on a normal production guitar. They'd probably use normal maple, or maybe flamed.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, there probably wouldn't be any Lundgrens, and I doubt that they would use burled maple on a normal production guitar. They'd probably use normal maple, or maybe flamed.

Tooling alone to equip the Fujigen factory to make the guitar would make the price quite high in itself, especially when you consider the niche, of a niche, of a niche market this guitar would cater to. As for the burl, believe it or not, it's not as rare as you'd think. It's not Buckeye, which is the really pricey stuff. Granted it's not super cheap. Ibanez has used burls on production guitars in the past, and not expensive guitars either.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't know LACS would be willing to use a Hipshot bridge. Live and learn, I guess.

Also, very awesome guitar. :yesway:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't know LACS would be willing to use a Hipshot bridge. Live and learn, I guess.

Also, very awesome guitar. :yesway:

They've done it, used a Hipshot, on at least two other LACS in the past. They tend to favor them over their proprietary ones as well as the Gotohs when doing Piezo setups for some reason.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
They tend to favor them over their proprietary ones as well as the Gotohs when doing Piezo setups for some reason.
Probably because the Piezo systems in their bridges never sounded remotely as good. I haven't looked at the different piezos for awhile but I know for awhile LR Baggs had a patent hence part of the reason you saw Petrucci leave Ibanez and end up with a superior sounding piezo loaded guitar from EBMM. :shrug:

metallidude3

Reaction score
Im putting up a vid now of wave of babies it came out ok hopefully i can get it on here soon i just saw these guys about a half hour ago

')