Tosin switched to Seymour Duncan?

• Thread starter robski92
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Tosin really likes to play around with other electronics. Even after he got his custom guitar he still played his Ibanez 2228. He might have had SD in this guitar because it's an SD sponsored video. Might as well go all out and have all the electronics be Seymour Duncan

robski92

Reaction score
Good point! I also had a feeling that they might be in there as a sponsorship sort of thing. I think it would be cool if he worked out some pickups with SD.

Masoo2

Reaction score
He also has SDs in his old RG2228 now, covered Nazgul and Sentient AFAIK.

PBGas

Reaction score
Wasn't he a big time Axe FX user as well?

Interesting how he is using a Kemper.

Masoo2

Reaction score
Pretty sure he's simply just using the gear that's already at his disposal in the studio

I find it kind of interesting that he chose to use the Kemper when there is an Axe FX 2 right behind him...

AJS

Reaction score
I find it kind of interesting that he chose to use the Kemper when there is an Axe FX 2 right behind him...

Well, we'll see. I have noticed more live bands using Kempers. Last 7 shows I went to most of the bands were using Kemper units.

DXL

Reaction score
I think Seymour Duncan might be doing some sort of promotion, Plini posted on his instagram of him receiving the same exact set

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
You guys do realized this was filmed at Keith's place, right? He's a SD artist, so it's not weird that he'd have Tosin use gear that helps highlight the brand he's associated with. The video is about the product regardless, Tosin was just demoing it.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
...., it's going to cost a fortune for me to switch over all my DiMarzio guitars to the now clearly better SD pickups.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I'd love to see, say... Tosin, Misha, and Keith Merrow swap their guitar/pickup brands around for ~two weeks. Maybe throw Javier in the mix too just for giggles. See how many djent kiddies' heads explode from confusion.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
There was another video Tosin put out recently with him demoing some new slapping material he's been working on, and he had SDs in his TAM100.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I'd love to see, say... Tosin, Misha, and Keith Merrow swap their guitar/pickup brands around for ~two weeks. Maybe throw Javier in the mix too just for giggles. See how many djent kiddies' heads explode from confusion.

:agreed:

I heard Tosin wears Bugle Boy jeans as well. Clearly the vintage denim is where it's at... If only mine still fit. And until I find out what brand toilet he's pooping on I'll never have a peaceful bowel movement...

Reaction score
You guys do realized this was filmed at Keith's place, right? He's a SD artist, so it's not weird that he'd have Tosin use gear that helps highlight the brand he's associated with. The video is about the product regardless, Tosin was just demoing it.

Wasn't Keith an actual employee of SD? Like tech support and stuff?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
What I noticed about the vid... It looks like he only has one locking pad on that nut... Must be how he gets dat toan bro...

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
I have been eying out his Ionizer pickups as I've been looking for a lower output replacement to the D Activator 8s in my RG2228 so it would be kinda lame if he did switch and then Dimarzio stopped making that pickup.

That being said a single video is hardly proof that he's switching endorsements, until an official statement is made it's just conjecture really.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
EVERYONE... NOW IS THE TIME.... SWITCH TO SEYMOUR DUNCAN AND KEMPER EN MASSE AND PLEASE YOUR MARKETING & HYPE OVERLORDS!!! SWARM!! SWARM!!! :lol:

My guess is Keith is likely just trying to bring in more and more popular artists to the SD roster (and why not? Duncan makes great stuff! :D), that's been the ongoing trend and I'm sure a big part of why Seymour Duncan has him on the company payroll beyond just tech support. :lol: ;) The use of the Kemper is clearly because Tosin is recording the video with Keith, that's not like "Tosin's Kemper" as he's still a Fractal Artist last I checked (unless that changed, which is possible, I don't see Tosin listed on the Artist page over at the Fractal site anymore?) and Keith is not with Fractal as far as I know. :shrug:

Latest posts

')