Toto Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • Tags
    toto
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Swear your love :hbang::hbang::hbang:

Just the good old metal rock of the 80's, I'm a fan of this thype of music, like Warrant or DEF LEPPARD, china etc...

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
TOTO is actually in my top 5 fav bands. People always think I'm joking, but it's true. I just watched one of their dvds yesterday

Origins

Not banned
Reaction score
I´m a big fan of Toto.
I don´t care if it sounds lame or anything.
Great songs, between rock, jazz, fusion, pop..
They have the secret to write great melodies!

I have a 2 CD live and a best of for now :D

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
I love them. I went to see them live on the Livefields tour. Such a shame they've completely broken up now.

As Leighland Sklar said on their last dvd (which has got to be one of the best live performances by anyone), we live in a time in which old rock bands are revered and placed upon pedastals, and many of those bands cash in by doing reunion tours and just playing old material, or promising fans 'the new stuff is just like [insert fan-favourite album title]'. Toto kept pushing forwards, and each album showed a huge development.

Excepting Kimball (who didn't need to change), the rest of the band really kept up technique-wise with the present day as best they could, and did pretty bloody well at it. Much better than other rock staples. Lukather and Phillips' work with Sherinian is particularly cool and worth checking out.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
God I bloody hate that rosanna song, but most of the other stuff they do is pretty awesome.
And steve lukather is one hell of a player

Deadfall

Reaction score

been done here I guess...didnt see it on search so diggeth:bowdown:

Origins

Not banned
Reaction score
Yeah, amazing guitarist :)
However I´m a bit disappointed about his version
It doesn´t sound as good on acoustic guitar I think

Reaction score
My friend got me into this band. he swears by them as the best band in the history of music. I must say I think they are fantastic, haven't managed to grow on me that much though!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
It's all about Hold the Line, and Georgie Porgie. And Pamela... and so forth.

Plus I got to see them live last year before Steve Lukather pulled the plug. :bowdown:

')