Traces Kerrang! Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Fixed :agreed:

It could have been worse. He is pretty much saying that it is not everybody's cup of tea, but if you are into that kind of stuff you will dig it. Plus look at it this way, how many of us actually have even had the opportunity to get our stuff reviewed by Kerry King.

:rofl:

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
At other times, it leaves you scratching your head and wondering how much longer it'll go on for.
:nuts:

Dont listen to this fool. The EP is fucking epic. Although its cool you got a review...gettin some extra exposure.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
thanks man!

a question to USA folk and Australian folk - can you find the CD in your high street stores?

I don't know what your equivalent of HMV is but our record label assured us you guys would be able to go out and buy it from yo shops :yesway:

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
I dont really go to record stores man

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score

Dude if it was Kerry King reviewing it, this is how the review would look like
" I am Kerry King, and i am metal. Anything that is new or that doesent sound like us is not fucking metal. This is pure shit, everything is pure shit that isnt us."

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
"I am Kerry King, and i am metal. Anything that is new or that doesent sound like us is not fucking metal. This is pure shit, everything is pure shit that isnt us. Except Chimaira. They worship us because they toured with us and you can hear evidence of this on The Impossibility of Reason. Everyone else is shit."

fixed again :yesway::lol:

tbird11

Reaction score
thanks man!

a question to USA folk and Australian folk - can you find the CD in your high street stores?

I don't know what your equivalent of HMV is but our record label assured us you guys would be able to go out and buy it from yo shops :yesway:

Nah man, Yesterday I went through most of the large CD shops in Melbourne on a shopping spree and I was keeping an eye out, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

It sucks living in the southern hemisphere when it comes to things like this. Get onto your label and get those CD's out here!:metal:

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
I'm not really into progressive stuff either (unless it's Mastodon or BTBAM, they're allowed) but he came across like a bit of an arse. Any publicity is good publicity.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
If a record gets a shit review in Kerrang it usually gets better reviews elsewhere 3K's puts you in good stead as I've seen some great records get 3K's or less in Kerrang then close to full marks in Zero Tolerance Metal Hammer or Terrorizer which is precisely why I don't read it anymore.

IIRC they gave "Through Ashes Of Empires" by Machine Head 2K's and claimed it was outdated Nu-Metal bollocks fans went mental about the low score and the fact that other mags gave it top marks and in the wake of this Kerrang tried to retract the score by claiming it was a printing mistake.

Kerrang is the gutter press of metal/rock they build bands up and kiss their arse just to knock them down you only have to look at how they gave Limp Bizkit a "Legends award" recently at their own Kerrang awards show after spending years slagging them off for an example of how dickless they are.

Either way the opinion of Kerrang is utterly fucking worthless.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I'm not really into progressive stuff either (unless it's Mastodon or BTBAM, they're allowed) but he came across like a bit of an arse. Any publicity is good publicity.

the EP really isn't that progressive, it's more blackened death with folk/power metal choruses.

reviewer doesn't know what he's talking about really.

I think he got pissed off because he had a hard time figuring out what neat little genre that Kerrang! slot all of their regulars into we were.

If a record gets a shit review in Kerrang it usually gets better reviews elsewhere 3K's puts you in good stead as I've seen some great records get 3K's or less in Kerrang then close to full marks in Zero Tolerance Metal Hammer or Terrorizer which is precisely why I don't read it anymore.

IIRC they gave "Through Ashes Of Empires" by Machine Head 2K's and claimed it was outdated Nu-Metal bollocks fans went mental about the low score and the fact that other mags gave it top marks and in the wake of this Kerrang tried to retract the score by claiming it was a printing mistake.

Kerrang is the gutter press of metal/rock they build bands up and kiss their arse just to knock them down you only have to look at how they gave Limp Bizkit a "Legends award" recently at their own Kerrang awards show after spending years slagging them off for an example of how dickless they are.

I know that they gave Between The Buried And Me's 'Colors' 2 Ks... I haven't heard the album myself but I know a lot of people here regard it as one of the best albums in the past 10 years.

Either way the opinion of Kerrang is utterly fucking worthless.

:agreed:

Shinto

ss.org lurker
Reaction score
HMV? Haven't seen any here but I found a decent amount in Tokyo, two weeks ago. Shame.

thedonutman

Reaction score
I don't think Kerrang's opinion on this sort of music is really worth much these days, judging by all the utter crap they play on TV and worship in their reviews :lol:

')