Trem Replacement/Swap Guide - What Trem will fit what cavity

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Apologies for hhe necro bump.

But does anyone know if the Lo Pro or Edge Pro will fit into the Edge Zero cavity? 7 string specifically. Looking to swap out the Edge Zero in my Greendot UV70P.

It depends, which zero do you have?

The first zero system differs entirely routing-wise. For instance, this zero system uses the thumbscrew+zps aid plus different spring locations vs the standard claw system from the lopro/edges.

The second one looks the same but the back routing uses claws like the edge/lopro, but i am unsure as far as how similar the routing is.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
It depends, which zero do you have?

The first zero system differs entirely routing-wise. For instance, this zero system uses the thumbscrew+zps aid plus different spring locations vs the standard claw system from the lopro/edges.

The second one looks the same but the back routing uses claws like the edge/lopro, but i am unsure as far as how similar the routing is.

I’m pretty sure it will be with the claw (I haven’t received it yet, it’s on order). But will it fit either. I’m going to block it anyway.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HUGH JAYNUS

I’m a grown ass man
Reaction score
More comfortable. I prefer Ibanez trems over hardtails. Ive played every combination. And nothing beats a blocked ibanez trem. They have the best tension, tuning stability, and comfort. But the zero is the least comfortable.

takotakumi

Reaction score
More comfortable. I prefer Ibanez trems over hardtails. Ive played every combination. And nothing beats a blocked ibanez trem. They have the best tension, tuning stability, and comfort. But the zero is the least comfortable.
Completely agree. Trems are the most comfortable to me too, I love my LoPro 7s :D

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
The stud spacing is different on the Zero, so you’d have to redrill. I’m not sure if the cavity recess is the same size or not.

Max77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello All, I think this is a fantastic thread.
I bought a 2018 RG450DXB body, which has a 'Standard DL tremolo' cavity.
Would anyone be able to tell me which Ibanez tremolos would fit in its cavity without any wood work?
Thank you kindly

Viginez

Reaction score

Max77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you for the link. A had seen it too, I just forgot to mention that I wanted an original Ibanez tremolo. I had built another guitar before that has the Edge Pro tremolo. I reluctantly took apart that guitar, and tried the Edge Pro in the Standard DL tremolo cavity, and it almost fit, so I decided to order a new one (I wanted the gold one, and those are rare on the second hand market) for $$$. I just received it. All I think I'll have to do is shave off ~1mm off one side of a little edge in the tremolo cavity below the tremolo (not visible when the tremolo is in place), and it should fit like a glove. The posts that came with the new tremolo are too thick for 450DXB, so instead of resetting them, I'll just buy the thinner posts, and use those with the Edge Pro (the posts are always narrower anyway than the blades of the tremolo, so the difference in girth shouldn't matter).

Max77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well, I can confirm that you can fit an Edge Pro into a Standard DL cavity with minimal modifications.
The post mounts for the Edge Pro are a little thicker than that of the Standard DL. You can keep using the Standard DL's posts, or you will have to drill a bit wider holes for the new post mounts (very easy to do if you have used a power drill before). Then all you have to do is shave off ~1-2mms of the guitar's body (I used a Dremel) in two places below the tremolo (not visible at all when the tremolo is in place) to make sure the tremolo block has a clear path, and then it fits like a glove. The whole process takes a few minutes, and looks + works absolutely perfectly when the guitar is assembled.

Latest posts