Trem stopper

• Thread starter Georgeclooney5150
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Georgeclooney5150

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello, I want to install a trem stopper but before ordering one online I want to know if it's going to be a problem installing it due to where it gets install it's not flat?

Attachments

• 20240109_082712.jpg
    20240109_082712.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 24

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
They are adjustable, so it should be fine, but I can’t say for sure without having the guitar and stopper in hand.

mpexus

Reaction score
You can also use a bunch of small coins tapped together. Measure the distance from the Trem Block to the Body and stack coins until you reached it. Then tape the Stacked Coins to the Trem Block.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that you're making the right choice friend, trem bars are the reason god has forsaken us and there are too few people left with the courage to say so out loud.

devastone

Reaction score
Are you looking for a stopper or stabilizer? A stopper will probably fit, but you should mearsure the shelf amd make sure. A stabilizer won't fit without some routing or a spacer to raise it up to the level of the rest of the cavity, then you need to make sure sure it hits the block well enough. I have the same probably with some old 520s and new Schecters. The best solution is the WD trem stabilizer, but it looks like they quit making those. It's hard to explain, but it goes inside the spring and is a hard stop that you can push back against and the claw slides on a screw so you can also pull up. But, hard to find now.

gh0styboi

Everybody Poops
Reaction score
I'm with mpexus up there. Just tape some coins or picks together so they fit between the block and body and call it a day. If you wanna get fancy, you can cut some wood to slip in there on both sides of the block. I just use chopsticks. Nothing inherently wrong with a tremol-no, but it's expensive for something a pair of chopsticks, some tape, and five minutes can fix for less than a dollar...

Plus, it's flexible. Forget how god-awful tremolos are and wanna use the wang bar? Pull them out and you're good to go. Wanna block it again because you realize you - like so many of us - have a fiery passionate hatred for tremolos? Just slip them back in.

Georgeclooney5150

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you guys for commenting. I'll get the trem stopper, not really looking to block the entire bridge. I want it to work like a strat bridge by diving only.

')