Tremol-no? WTF is a Tremelno?!?!?

gr8Har V

dimini....
Reaction score
is it really worth 70 dollars? could i just use a deck of cards or any other random object to serve the same function :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While some cards or wooden blocks will block the bridge just the same they won't be as easily removed if you decide you want to use the trem. If you're sure you're never going to want to switch on the fly, just use some wooden blocks.

Sippin40oz

Reaction score
Tremol-no looks good on paper so i bought one but it doesnt really lock the bridge in place. Wouldnt really recommend it to be honest! Wood works well or theres some simular products online that might be better?

Gouranga

Reaction score
Hi there. As the other guys said, I just used wood blocks to jam my trem firmly in place. Just remember to pop one of the springs back on if the only earth to the bridge/strings is there. I spent ages trying to figure out why I had major earth buzz after locking my trem :scratch: , I'd removed the only earth to the bridge/strings!

Efilnikufesin

Reaction score
Honestly I just stuck one of those square batteries in there. I think I remember reading that Steve Vai and Satch do that too.

Pif

Elephant-time!
Reaction score
It's a really versatile unit, having the options of full-floating, dive-only, and hardtail modes. If you're a trem guy looking for the ability to switch back and forth, heck yeah get one. But I've never really been a tremolo guy and was using it to lock down the trem on my RG1527. Even though it does a good job, the hardtail mode never felt the same as a true hardtail (I shouldn't have expected it to though, TBH), and I could definitely hear the strings detune a bit and see the bridge move when I was being particularly abusive with the right hand. So I sold the 1527 with the Tremol-No still installed. But the guy who bought it from me loved the versatility it gave him, so to each his own! Good luck!

Guitar Asylum

Reaction score
I have three guitars with tremol-nos installed and I love 'em. I think people install it expecting it to totally transform their guitar from a floating trem to a stoptail. What it's really good for is changing your tuning on the fly for a song or two or if you do a lot of double stops and want to stay in tune. It also makes setups and string changes way quicker, too... I have no complaints.

youheardme

Feelin' Groovy
Reaction score
I currently own 2 and they work great. I just ordered a 3rd.

Perfect if you have a guitar that you like to leave floating all the time...but say you wanna play in drop d... just lock er up and mash it out.

Invader

97.5 The Brodeo
Reaction score
It has it's uses, but I often see people install them only lock the trem down and never unlock it again. As already stated: if that's the case, just use blocks of wood.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Tremol-no looks good on paper so i bought one but it doesnt really lock the bridge in place. Wouldnt really recommend it to be honest! Wood works well or theres some simular products online that might be better?

Sure you installed it right? :scratch:

Latest posts

')