Tremonti Project

• Thread starter TremontiShikari
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
It sounds like he glued an awesome metal riff to the beginning of a Shinedown B-Side.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Why was Scott Stapp even in Creed?

This stuff isn't for me, but it's catchy and has some decent riffage. I've always respected Tremonti. Perfect writer for the kind of music he plays. His clean tone is pretty ridiculous too..

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
I wanted to like it, but it was just too thin for me. It felt like a ton of B-side material.

Ckackley

Reaction score
Didn't sound bad.. I'll write the thin sound off too bad MP3 transfer. There's a lot of clips on Youtube that just sound "wrong" for some reason. My band had trouble with our last video upload. Took three shots before it sounded right. I really dig the drumming. Wonder who it is ? And if that's him on vocals he needs to punch Scott Stapp in the head. A lot...

Reaction score
Didn't sound bad.. I'll write the thin sound off too bad MP3 transfer. There's a lot of clips on Youtube that just sound "wrong" for some reason. My band had trouble with our last video upload. Took three shots before it sounded right. I really dig the drumming. Wonder who it is ? And if that's him on vocals he needs to punch Scott Stapp in the head. A lot...

Garret Whitlock is the drummer, and yes, that's him on vocals.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
Impressive stuff! I stopped paying attention to Mark for a while but that has to change.

Reaction score
That riff that starts about 2 minutes in and the following solo are fucking badass. The guys in Alter Bridge are completely on fire in the modern rock scene. Myles has Slash and the rest of the guys have Creed... now Tremonti has this. I can't wait!

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score

According to the interwebz it is a guy called Garrett Whitlock.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Sounds great!

I love seeing guys reach out of their normal bands and do their own thing. I'm extremely excited for the Call Me No One (Clint and Morgan from 7Dust's new band) to drop this spring as well. Definitely adding Tremonti's disc to the list of shit to grab!

ibanez4lifesz

@TheGuitarRack
Reaction score
SOOO excited for this. Even though I've grown to like heavier music more recently, Mark has been, and still always will be my biggest musical influence. He is why I started playing guitar!

Did a little over of 'You Waste Your Time' for anyone bored and wanting to watch :hbang:

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Bit of a bump cause this song rocks like a bastard.

And how about it LIVE?? Ok then......

Pretty stoked since i've always liked Marks song writing and such. Not a bad voice for someone i didn't think was a singer. :lol: :yesway:

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
He did some backing vocals for Creed, and also for Alter Bridge, and I always thought his voice was really good.

What I don't really understand is... Creed. I mean. I did like Creed in their beggining. I like their first record, I'll come clean and admit it. After that, it started to becoming real boring, predictable and the songs sucked IMO.

I even wrote off Alter Bridge because I was so sick of Creed, I never wanted to get into them because of that. But when I heard AB III I was reallly impressed (and I heard some of the stuff that Myles sang in other projects). I became a fan of the band, now I have all of their CDs and it made me wonder... why was Tremonti in Creed? I mean... Alter Bridge has solid riffing, real interesting songs, they are full of good guitar solos and stuff, it's just a kick-ass rock band, period.

And I heard Tremonti's single last week and was impressed as well. Creed was the band that showed him to the world, but at the same time, it limited his creativity tremendously. Alter Bridge and his solo project both smoke Creed in terms of songwriting, guitar playing, skills and even in the voice department. Myles is one of the best singers nowadays, I also love his work with Slash, and Tremonti himself is way better than Scott Stapp.

I guess he kept Creed for all these years because it was a good way to make money, and now that he is established he can continue making music that is radio-friendly, but his new stuff kicks ass and doesn't sound like a constipated monkey like Stapp did.

Long story short - his solo work kicks ass. :hbang:

exo

Reaction score
Aw, man, for some reason I thought this was out on the 10th, and was incredibly excited......now I'm seeing the date is the 17th. :realmad:

Soooooooooooooo bummed now.......

Doug N

Reaction score
Just a little bump for the Tremonti release. This one has been on constant rotation for a couple days now, I'm really liking it. If you're a fan of Tremonti's previous work then you'll love this one as well, it's pretty heavy the whole way through and the guy's a pretty good singer as well. Who knew.

Riff heavy Mesa goodness.

')