Tried a K-7 Yesterday

• Thread starter WayneCustom7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Well while I was waiting for my new cab, I quickly popped over to see if there were any sevens in stock, and sure enough there was a K-7, and on the lower shelf rack...now that's just wrong. Anyway, I couldn't really play it cause the action was at like a 1/4 inch (tech my ass), but I did drool over it...holy crap, the binding on the guitar's headstock and neck was phenomenal, the neck itself was also sweet...I'm hoping it won't sell, drop in price then perhaps I can jump on it :fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I really like it, a lot. It's the ideal RG7, imo. Mahogany body, with PAF Pros, and an Edge (that I would block). Too bad they went and F'd it up with the inlay.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
My only complaint is the sharp edges on this and any RG for that matter, but that's their design, who am I to fuck with it...it just seems so fragile!

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Polaris20 said:
I really like it, a lot. It's the ideal RG7, imo. Mahogany body, with PAF Pros, and an Edge (that I would block). Too bad they went and F'd it up with the inlay.
Yeah, that inlay is my only compaint too. By friend has a blue K7 that's a real peach to play. Just that crappy inlay not only looks cheap and nasty, but gets confusing with where you actually are on the fretboard. A quick glance can leave you thinking you're at the 12th when you're actually on the 11th.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
If you get a chance to play it let me know how it sounds. I've wondered how the sound compares being they use the low output PAF pickups. When you're using Mesa Rectifiers like Korn I guess it doesn't make too much difference if you use low output pickups but I'm curious to know how they sound in other amps.

Rev.

Jesse

iJesse
Contributor
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
My only complaint is the sharp edges on this and any RG for that matter, but that's their design, who am I to fuck with it...it just seems so fragile!

if an RG can deal with me drunk it can deal with ANYTHING, lol.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
my RG7 ate pavement, and i still play the bastid, its far from fragile.

avery

2027: now with trem!
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
Well while I was waiting for my new cab, I quickly popped over to see if there were any sevens in stock, and sure enough there was a K-7, and on the lower shelf rack...now that's just wrong. Anyway, I couldn't really play it cause the action was at like a 1/4 inch (tech my ass), but I did drool over it...holy crap, the binding on the guitar's headstock and neck was phenomenal, the neck itself was also sweet...I'm hoping it won't sell, drop in price then perhaps I can jump on it :fawk:

Hey was that the grey one that they've got at Long & Mcquade? I've been meaning to try that out every time I'm in there, but never have. It does look pretty cool in person.. the price is ridiculous though. If they can't get rid of it and drop the price, you'll be fighting me for it.. hahaha. :evil:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've never tried one but I would definately play one. Was it the Blade Gray one or the Firespeak Blue?

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Elysian said:
my RG7 ate pavement, and i still play the bastid, its far from fragile.
That's not what I meant and you guys know it, I meant the edges are more susceptible to chips...

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
avery said:
Hey was that the grey one that they've got at Long & Mcquade? I've been meaning to try that out every time I'm in there, but never have. It does look pretty cool in person.. the price is ridiculous though. If they can't get rid of it and drop the price, you'll be fighting me for it.. hahaha. :evil:
Yeah I think it was the grey one...step outside :lol:

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
avery said:
Ooohh.. it's ON now. :mad:

..okay, maybe not.
:lol:
I couldn't fight my way out of water :scratch:
Hey Avery next time your gigging let me know, maybe I'll come by and check you guys out...

jski7

Reaction score
Rev2010 said:
If you get a chance to play it let me know how it sounds. I've wondered how the sound compares being they use the low output PAF pickups. When you're using Mesa Rectifiers like Korn I guess it doesn't make too much difference if you use low output pickups but I'm curious to know how they sound in other amps.

Rev.
The PAF7s sound excellent . I used to own the Firespeak Blue , and if I didn't have a "financial crisis" recently , I'd still own it . Arguably (IMO) the best 7 Ibanez currently makes (for the U.S.) . And one more thing - anybody who HAS NOT played a K7 and decides it sucks based on the inlay is a pussy :nutkick: . That's not directed at ANYONE who has posted here (unless you haven't played one and decided it sucked because of the inlay ;)) . Everybody knocks it for the inlay . C'mon , if it's an inlay that keeps you from playing a badass guitar , well , then you should probably buy a clarinet . Fear not the inlay .

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
noodles said:
That's 'cause the inlay sucks balls.

Otherwise I might well have bought one. Mahogany = cool.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
You mean the K-7 is Mahogany...man it felt like basswood, it was surprisngly light, compared to my Washburn anyway which is mahogony!

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i think what was meant by the inlay remark was that it's confusing, not that he hates Korn :)

i know that if either of my guitars had a blank board with just one thing on it, and it was on the 11th fret, it'd fuck my playing up something fierce :lol:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
You mean the K-7 is Mahogany...man it felt like basswood, it was surprisngly light, compared to my Washburn anyway which is mahogony!

I'd really like to know where the Japanese get their mahogany from. The Jackson COW 7 is amazingly light, yet it has a mahogany neck and body. I have a buddy with a SLATQ (Soloist, mahogany neck/body, figured maple top) that weighs in like a Les Paul. It may even be the wood in general, because my maple/alder Stars Soloist 7 is about a pound and a half lighter than my USA Soloist six string.

')