Tried a K-7 Yesterday

• Thread starter WayneCustom7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jski7

Reaction score
Fantomas said:
I despise Korn
I hate the inlay

but I love my bladegrey K7.
I never had any confusion with the inlay, the guitar is great. It feels like a tank, plays like a dream and sounds like one too.

I bought mine about 2 years ago for about half the retail price,.
If this one would break or got stolen I would gladly pay full price for another one.

And the inlay is a small burden compared to what this guitar has to offer.
That's what I'm talkin' about :metal: .

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
If I had the cash, I'd totally buy a K7, inlay or not. (to be honest, the lack of a tone knob and more than 3 pickup selection options bothers me more than anything)

Se7en

Future Breed Machine
Reaction score
ONLY reason i dislike K7s is cos of the wiring. Its only a 3way pickup selecter, as opposed to my 7620 which is 5way (best wiring ever).

avery

2027: now with trem!
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
Oh yeah, wow...how did it go? Were you the main act? Did you get breast flashed from screaming girlies in the front row?

It's ok I visited your site and answered some of my own questions, and if by chance you didn't get any, here you go!
tits.jpg

I really have to check this thread more often.. especially when there are boobies involved.

..and sadly, no there was no flashing happening at the show. Other than that though, it was pretty good!

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
If you EVER get rid of that guitar with the Pazuzu inlay, you call me!

7 Dying Trees has a guitar with a Pazuzu inlay?? :holy: Pleeease post a picture!! I'm a major Pazuzu nut from way back when 99% of the population never even heard the name. I have an awesome Pazuzu tattoo on my right side. I'd love to see this inlay work.

Rev.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I had never heard of Pazuzu before so I checked it out here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu

I noticed that here ( http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32997 ) that 7 Dying Trees said Pazuzu was in the Necronomicon, but I've read every single HP Lovecraft story and I don't remember Pazuzu ever being mentioned. I remember Shub-Niggurath, Cthulhu, Azathoth, Yog-Sothoth, Tsathoggua, Nyarlathotep, Deep Ones, Elder Gods, Shoggoths, etc. But no Pazuzu.

Well, anyway, seems Pazuzu was a Sumerian and Akkadian god. Cool stuff. Always liked mythology.

Nice guitar, by the way, 7 Dying Trees.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Awakened! I didn't realize it was the sigil though it's still a totally amazing inlay.

Naren, there's a whole bunch of questionability concerning the authenticity of the Necronomicon that's on today's book shelves. It's certainly not supposed to be the "real" Necronomicon but rather a thrown together fabrication using some real Summerian history and beliefs. Anyhow, in the Necronomicon Pazuzu is mentioned numerous times. He is also mentioned as being the Brother of Humwawa (the one that smells like dung). Reading up on real Summerian culture and history draws much more intersting finds in the people's beliefs than books that are released by greedy idiots looking to make a quick profit off of Lovecraft's legacy. But Lovecraft probably wasn't very versed on real Summerian culture/history which is likely why a number of well known Summerian Gods were left out in his stories.

Rev.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
There is no questionability to the Necronomicon on the shelves. The Necronomicon is the creation of my favorite writer, US occultic horror author, Howard Phillips Lovecraft (1890-1937). I have read every single one of his stories (and believe me, there are a fucking lot).

There is not one Necronomicon. I believe there have actually been about 10 "hoax Necronomicons" since the early 1970's. There is no "real Necronomicon", though. Lovecraft did once say, though, "As for writing the Necronomicon—I wish I had the energy and ingenuity to do it! I fear it would be quite a job in view of the very diverse passages and intimations which I have in the course of time attributed to it! I might, though, issue an abridged Necronomicon—containing such parts as are considered at least reasonably safe for the perusal of mankind! When von Juntz’s Black Book and the poems of Justin Geoffrey are on the market, I shall certainly have to think about the immortalisation of old Abdul!"

It is amazing how many people actually believe The Necronomicon is a real book.

Quote: "The best-known of these fictional manuscripts is his Necronomicon, about which he said the most. So well-constructed was his information on this fabled text (helped along by modern-day hoaxers bent on making a profit from the ignorance of others) that people to this day believe this book to be real." (from http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/tomes.htm)

If you still have doubts, read "The Truth About The Necronomicon" : http://www.hplovecraft.com/creation/necron/

Pazuzu never appears in any of Lovecraft's stories as far as I know. Lovecraft was not trying to write about old Sumerian religion. His horror comes from many many different sources from all over the world. Modern occult as well as old religions from Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe. But over half of his stuff was just stuff he made up. The reason why a lot of people believed the stuff he wrote about was real was because he would mention real books as well as ones he made up. Probably something like 30-40% real books and 60-70% books he made up.

Anyone interested in the Necronomicon might want to read this. "The History Of The Necronomicon" written by Lovecraft himself: http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/lovecraft/html/histnec.htm (VERY interesting, I think)

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Fantomas said:
I despise Korn
I hate the inlay

but I love my bladegrey K7.
I never had any confusion with the inlay, the guitar is great. It feels like a tank, plays like a dream and sounds like one too.

I bought mine about 2 years ago for about half the retail price,.
If this one would break or got stolen I would gladly pay full price for another one.

And the inlay is a small burden compared to what this guitar has to offer.

The thing that annoys me about the K-7 (and Ibanez in general), is here we have a guitar thats becoming a definitive 7 string much like the rg 7620 before, and yet (unless youi get real lucky) it cost a fairly pretty penny to own.

Makes we wonder why the 1527 isn't built from Mahogany, since this is clearly sought after material for RG, and seems to be a matter of course at the Schecter camp?

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
No one mentioned the U-bar trem system (not that I read at least I could have missed it however).

dav2321

Reaction score
I've been trying out a K7 myself. I'm pretty impressed with it. The neck is narrower than the new prestige necks (46mm vs 48mm) but thicker, giving it a nice beefy feel. The PAFs sound decent and the trem feels solid. Speaking of which I remembered why I dropped tremelos in the first place-I'm currently doing the "floyd tune-up cycle of death". Hopefully once the strings stretch I can quit having to do this crap over and over. I havent really bought the guitar yet (45-day return period, $100 off at M123) but I should make up my mind in a few days. And no the inlay dosent really bother me.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
I've been trying out a K7 myself. I'm pretty impressed with it. The neck is narrower than the new prestige necks (46mm vs 48mm) but thicker, giving it a nice beefy feel. The PAFs sound decent and the trem feels solid. Speaking of which I remembered why I dropped tremelos in the first place-I'm currently doing the "floyd tune-up cycle of death". Hopefully once the strings stretch I can quit having to do this crap over and over. I havent really bought the guitar yet (45-day return period, $100 off at M123) but I should make up my mind in a few days. And no the inlay dosent really bother me.
According to the specs on Ibanez's UK site, it's the standard Prestige neck profile. In fact, they've only got two 7 string neck styles. RG7321 and Prestige. The only difference with the RG7321 is a 400mm radius as opposed to 430mm on everthing else.

dav2321

Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
According to the specs on Ibanez's UK site, it's the standard Prestige neck profile. In fact, they've only got two 7 string neck styles. RG7321 and Prestige. The only difference with the RG7321 is a 400mm radius as opposed to 430mm on everthing else.

Your right, it's funny though, if I hadnt checked on the web site I would have sworn the K7 neck is thicker and narrower :squint: .

CyBerAliEn

Reaction score
I love my K-7. :D

myk7.jpg

Great pickups, great neck, great mahogany, great trem, etc etc etc etc. And the inlay doesn't bother me, I kinda even like it due to its unique-ness lol; don't really understand why anyone would hate it just for the inlay, but then again, I don't really like guitars with the dots on the neck :( lol. But I've never found the inlay a problem with playing (besides, only a small portion of the inlay lays in the 11th or 13th frets), and I don't use the face of the neck as a reference when playing, I use the dots along the top-side of the neck as a reference (I really don't understand how dots on the neck face are actually helpful to the person playing, lol).

I also posted a bunch of pics of my guitar awhile ago. Tried to get pics of all its "features" lol...

http://7-string.com/7.pl?direct=7-String_Guitars/Ibanez_Korn_K7BG

If you haven't played one yet, I'd really recommend it! And if you are thinking of buying one, go for it! You won't regret it.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
')