Tried my first EBMM JP Majesty 7 - OMFG!

• Thread starter BananaDemocracy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BananaDemocracy

8 String Impaler
Reaction score
My entry and familiarity with 7 strings/,ERG in general, has greatly improved since joining, and my eye has been set on the JP XI 7 since the latest videos from some fine members....and I took the flood of JP/Majesty threads as a sign to go hunt one down and try it...

Big mistake!

I am now in the process of working out a payment plan for a majesty 7 in artic dream mystic purple(?), the chameleon one

I can’t say it’s BETTER than the XI. To me the XI is as JP says in one of his interviews about the guitar and series, its supposed to feel and play like a “Race car” or like an “exotic bmw” or whatever it was. It’s a beauty but also a monster of a beast, a workhorse capable of everything with its features.....

But after you try a Majesty, you start to wonder, did EBMM outdo themselves completely? Like they set the bar so high, I feel like company hasn’t started so much passive aggressive shit-competition with the other companies without saying a word.... anyone ever hear of Ned Steinberger? Someone on another board compared the majesty to that, and I totally get it now!

I can’t beleive the design actually lends itself into the aesthetics and the practical. The horn isnt just a beautiful phallic symbol jutting out from under my arm, its done so i can play up on the 20th frets without any access issues....

The arm layout is similar to the control layout of the XI that i played, and all JPs i imagine have that feel to the controls, but hopefully not to be redundant but JP and me are very similar in size (hand/arms/fingers) so his length/dimensions just work perfectly for me and Majesty is even more comparable than the XI

The only thing that i saw that was maybe cooler on the XI 7 was the double output....you could have mono/piezo going at one output and the other output just the guitar signal... but the majesty streamlined into one cable output and there is actually software onboard, and i dont know what its fore lol, i think it actually does something to the tone, but man oh man

THIS GUITAR IS THE MOST GORGEOUS THING IVE EVER SEEN (besides a beautiful landscape and a naked woman)....I dont know if it was the look or the feel or the sounds together that made me so intoxicated that I’m taking this plunge, but the XI can wait...in fact, I’m going to get a used XI as advised by a member here not just a few posts/minutes ago [so thank you for that kind sir]

ONLY thing is the sound - the pickups are theilluminators? Is that right? IDK man, they sound like the same Dimarzios that he always uses, and that i think is the only thing that hasn’t evolved.. The pups in the majesty arent noteworthy, but the piezo tone is wonderful, probably the best i heard so far

Is it true it was just $2800 on sale? Like the 7 string version? If so that makes it so hard to buy new, because i cant see one for under 3k....but if my payment plan goes through and my credit isnt pushed to the limit, i think well have a NGD soon

What do you guys think? Meaning about the majesty’s pickups illimnator set? Or anything else you might want to dissuade from my purchase!! Lol

PEACEOUT

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crundles

Reaction score
Yeah, if you want a superstrat but still want to benefit from some ergonomic improvements, the EBMM Inflatable Shovel is one of your best options I think.

I haven't tried it, because the total value of all in-stock guitars in my country is still less than the price of one EBMM Majesty, but I've been drooling over it for a long time, and people seem to agree. Generally the aesthetics are the most contentious part of the guitar so if you like how it looks, it should ok.

BananaDemocracy

8 String Impaler
Reaction score
Last year's monarchy majesties are on sale at musicians friend right now for $2400
Darn it! No 7 string!

Also, I prefer the matte majesty to the glossy monarch, but at 2400 ill take any 7 string if they had

Thanks for lmk tho

Yeah, if you want a superstrat but still want to benefit from some ergonomic improvements, the EBMM Inflatable Shovel is one of your best options I think.

I haven't tried it, because the total value of all in-stock guitars in my country is still less than the price of one EBMM Majesty, but I've been drooling over it for a long time, and people seem to agree. Generally the aesthetics are the most contentious part of the guitar so if you like how it looks, it should ok.
Your country sounds insane!! Lol And I am guessing you are messing with me or autocorrect is messing with you!! Lol

A-Branger

Reaction score
The only thing that i saw that was maybe cooler on the XI 7 was the double output....you could have mono/piezo going at one output and the other output just the guitar signal... but the majesty streamlined into one cable output and there is actually software onboard, and i dont know what its fore lol, i think it actually does something to the tone, but man oh man

difference is that on the majesty you ahve an stereo output jack. So instead of having two mono outs (piezzo/magnetic), now you have one neat jack but still the two signals. You just need either a stereo cable, or a "Y" adapter to split the signal into two.

the software that comes on the guitar is the "game changer" software (jsut google what it does for the other MM model), but here it only helps to clean switch the pickup positions and split the coils on the middle position with the push/push. Also if you press the piezzo volume knob it changes from a stereo signal out (piezzo-L, magn-R, kinda thing), to a mono signal

Mathemagician

Reaction score
My biggest issue with any bolt-on is always the heel. The JP series is amazing and each variation is a fun changes of features but doesn’t change what works. Except (IMO) the heel. The majesty gets the heel right by being neck through and boom. It’s my favorite 7 string. I won’t sell my JP7 because it’s otherwise perfect. Only thing I would change is making it neckthrough.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
I’ve never got the aversion to bolt ons. I figure most everyone starts out on a bolt on, and I certainly did so I don’t even notice them “being in the way”. I actually prefer bolt ons, and not for tone snobbery. It gives me a a familiar hand rest.

BananaDemocracy

8 String Impaler
Reaction score
I’ve never got the aversion to bolt ons. I figure most everyone starts out on a bolt on, and I certainly did so I don’t even notice them “being in the way”. I actually prefer bolt ons, and not for tone snobbery. It gives me a a familiar hand rest.
I like bolt ons and i also like neck through...neck through does seem more expensive and aesthetically pretty as i like streamlined symmetry, however it adds more warmth and depth to the tone...sometimes I WANT bolt ons because despite the SLIGHT eye sore and SLIGHTly less access to upper frets, which arent used that much anyway, for the SNAPPY twang, almost like Fender(vs Gibson/neck through/hums) +1 on the “snobbery” view, i asked that once, why does it feel like bolt ons get less respect? I mean I’m not a liutheir so are they “technically’ harder or more expensive, or do luthiers ever CHOOSE to make bolt on vs neck thru or vice versa

It is a weird thing how JP “loved” his bolt ons until the Majesty (aka $4k+ level) sub series hit??

Thanks but i cannot get this to connect, and i cant locate it

BTW thanks for pointing out they are blowing these out, just snagged a purple 6 for a stupid price :yesway:
no prob ;) i am just glad that so many people love this as much as I do...i thought i was mental when i was like, “is it just me or are these guitars pretty much as good or better than ANY custom i could EVER think of designing on EVERY level..??”

And partially because i lack luthiery knowledge but also because I’m a “musician” type of guitarist, if you saw the funny videos...so i am not as gear savvy as many of you, or as some techs who play their instruments as well you know?

Anyway,please continue this discussion as the fruits it bears are more than i had planned for!!

HAPPY EASTER TOO EVERYONE!

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I like bolt ons and i also like neck through...neck through does seem more expensive and aesthetically pretty as i like streamlined symmetry, however it adds more warmth and depth to the tone...sometimes I WANT bolt ons because despite the SLIGHT eye sore and SLIGHTly less access to upper frets, which arent used that much anyway, for the SNAPPY twang, almost like Fender(vs Gibson/neck through/hums) +1 on the “snobbery” view, i asked that once, why does it feel like bolt ons get less respect? I mean I’m not a liutheir so are they “technically’ harder or more expensive, or do luthiers ever CHOOSE to make bolt on vs neck thru or vice versa

It is a weird thing how JP “loved” his bolt ons until the Majesty (aka $4k+ level) sub series hit??

Thanks but i cannot get this to connect, and i cant locate it

no prob ;) i am just glad that so many people love this as much as I do...i thought i was mental when i was like, “is it just me or are these guitars pretty much as good or better than ANY custom i could EVER think of designing on EVERY level..??”

And partially because i lack luthiery knowledge but also because I’m a “musician” type of guitarist, if you saw the funny videos...so i am not as gear savvy as many of you, or as some techs who play their instruments as well you know?

Anyway,please continue this discussion as the fruits it bears are more than i had planned for!!

HAPPY EASTER TOO EVERYONE!

These are pretty much the best production guitars available spec wise and wiring wise. It helps that they are also great for metal. Other guitars I’d put in this class are like

The prs p24
The prs hollow body ii almost.
And the jp series.

That’s really it. Ibanez has the jcustom piezo but they didn’t make too many of them.

katsumura78

Reaction score
Crazy good price for those. I think I paid 2,700 when they came out and it was worth penny.

Strobe

Reaction score
I just bought a JP7. I, too, was blown away at how good these are. I was late to the party having not even played one until this year. Now I want more and scheme of things to sell to afford one.

Mathemagician

Reaction score

Yeah I see that from a lot of people and just get jealous. I have smaller hands and straight up playing my neckthrough M1 versus my KH2 is night and day reaching the higher frets. It’s even more pronounced on a 7 string.

Seems to genuinely not bother some and really bothers others like me. Upper fret access is a make or break for me for example Ibanez has a minuscule neck joint and while the necks themselves tend to be too thin for me the bolt joint would be acceptable.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I like how everyone has gone from "ugh I hate this design" "lol banana horn shovelbody" to "holy shit these guitars fucking rule" bc they indeed fucking rule