TRIPLE NGD for you Ibanez fans!

• Thread starter lukeshallperish
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

s4tch

Reaction score
Holy $h!t, congrats, man. :eek:

How's the apex compared to the MIJ ones? I've never played one.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
Nice man. How does the 1527 and 7420 compare?

Very different guitars. Like I said earlier, the 1527 is far and away the nicest playing guitar I've ever laid my hands on. The neck is unreal. The 7420, while also being a MIJ, is nice but its no prestige, and on top of that is almost 15 years old and shows clear signs of that. The stock pups in the 7420 are shit, but I've managed a useable rhythm tone with it through my pod hd pro. Like my 1527, I'll probably have a pegasus installed in it. Its still really nice but thos one needs a little tlc.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
Holy $h!t, congrats, man. :eek:

How's the apex compared to the MIJ ones? I've never played one.

The apex plays extremely well. Im not sure what they mean exactly but a lot of websites have it down saying the apex has the 5 pc maple/wenge "prestige" neck, which spec wise is exactly what the 1527 has. They of course feel a bit different but I love both. Also the tone pros type bridge is very comfortable and recessed to keep the action low.

guitar_player4_2_0

Reaction score
Happy NGD! I really do think that 7420 has a different fretboard. Rounded ends as mentioned before and as far as the side inlays go I think those are usually white but I may be mistaken. Either way if they did that nice of a job putting a new board on I'm sure the side dots would not have been a problem to replace. Looks great though! Lucky find.

Stangstag

Reaction score
Sweet guitars dude!!!

I wanted to ask... I can grab a 1527 from a local guy for 600$... Should I go for it? Good deal or not?

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
bummer that the pegasus is too tall, id definitely love to try one out. but all are very cool guitars, can never go wrong with an ibby 7!

')