Trivium - new song (In Waves)

• Thread starter Murmel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
I can't decide which one I like the most. Musically, Shattering is more interesting, but the clean vocals on In Waves... I've said it before I know :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FarBeyondMetal

Reaction score
Very cool song, cant wait for the new album to drop. The opening riff fucking crushes! I personally would've like to see them continue on with their 7 string riffage, but maybe there will be some on the album...we'll see I guess

Riggy

Djun djun djun
Reaction score
I REALLY want to like this, I'm a fan of all their previous work, but this seems like a step back to me. It just doesn't feel like it goes anywhere, you get 2 minutes in and it still feels like you haven't gotten out of the intro. Needs more direction and purpose to it. Shattering was great, we can only hope for more songs as good as that on this release.
Completely agree. I found myself trying to force me to dig it more than I actually do.

Still, I'm fairly stoked to see how the album will turn out.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Didn't really enjoy that at all. I haven't bought a Trivium album since Ascendancy in a sale just after it came out, I still wish I could have that £8 back!

tbb529

Reaction score
I think the song is pretty good, but the parts that modulate to major (with the piano) are awesome. I love that kinda shit in metal.

avenger

Reaction score
first two were good, this sounds like it could be good, I assuming this is the "single" so it will be more "Radio friendly" hopefully the other tracks are even better.

Riggy

Djun djun djun
Reaction score
I've listened to it a few more times and it's just kind of dawned on me. I don't like Matt's clean vocals much.

Sebski

Reaction score
The song grew on me, but I really like it now, it's just got a good pace and that intro riff's become quite catchy.

Have a look at this:
Video: Trivium in the Guitar World Studio | Guitar World
They've already done a 'How-to Play' video on a song that's not even been revealed yet. But either way, I thought the riff was pretty cool actually, and I quite liked the feel of the song so far too.

TheBotquax

Reaction score
IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES! IN WAAAAAAVES!

^ That's pretty much how the song goes to anyone who didn't listen yet :flame:

Sikthness

Reaction score
Never understood why Shogun doesn't get more love. Its easily my favorite Trivium release, although it was definately a bit of a grower at first.

Murmel

Reaction score
Bumping this for the release of the In Waves music video.
I'm not that big of a fan of it, it's like the beginning of a story, mostly with them looking sexy with good camera work.
I'm personally more of a fan of MV's where you get to see them play, but you can't deny the fact that Matt Heafy is sexy as fuck in this one.

FarBeyondMetal

Reaction score
Personally I cant stop listening to this tune, love it
@ Sikthess: I don't get it either, Shogun was fuckin epic...7 string shredding, what more can you ask for?

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Bumping this for the release of the In Waves music video.
I'm not that big of a fan of it, it's like the beginning of a story, mostly with them looking sexy with good camera work.
I'm personally more of a fan of MV's where you get to see them play, but you can't deny the fact that Matt Heafy is sexy as fuck in this one.

All that water made me thirsty for some water. Then I saw that Corey Beaulieu was in it...

FarBeyondMetal

Reaction score
The song grew on me, but I really like it now, it's just got a good pace and that intro riff's become quite catchy.

Have a look at this:
Video: Trivium in the Guitar World Studio | Guitar World
They've already done a 'How-to Play' video on a song that's not even been revealed yet. But either way, I thought the riff was pretty cool actually, and I quite liked the feel of the song so far too.

Thanks for the link...the song so far sounds cool...has massive potential:hbang:

Demonbrn

Reaction score
I've always appreciated their lyrical content over their song structures. Two songs that always come to mind for me personally are "Throes of perdition" and "Shogun". Though I do like "Like light to flies" and "Fugue", It's hard for me to like songs where they keep repeating the same verse and chorus through the entire 5-8 minutes. It is contradictory to their name "Trivium".

Murmel

Reaction score
I've always appreciated their lyrical content over their song structures. Two songs that always come to mind for me personally are "Throes of perdition" and "Shogun". Though I do like "Like light to flies" and "Fugue", It's hard for me to like songs where they keep repeating the same verse and chorus through the entire 5-8 minutes. It is contradictory to their name "Trivium".

:yesway:

Trivium actually manage to sound epic without sounding cheesy as hell. Into The Mouth of Hell We March has some awesome lyrics, the pre-chorus is epic as fuck :agreed: Hell, most of their lyrics I find pretty awesome.

heilarkyguitar

Brown note
Reaction score

That first riff totally reminded me of the first riff in this :lol:

Have to say im preferring his vocals on this. Looks like they might be getting back on form after that 'Tallica lapse' :lol:

Lol, I thought that was the vibe from the begining. :lol:

Stealthtastic

Doesn't play guitar
Reaction score
The thing with Trivium is that they realize that there is only so much you can do with the screaming.. And the break down-ish riff for the intro was something new for them too. If you listen to most of trivium's songs they dont use break downs they realized they are over used. I give a thumbs up on the song and the whole album!

')