Trivium - new song (In Waves)

• Thread starter Murmel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yidcorer

Banned
Reaction score
:yesway:

Trivium actually manage to sound epic without sounding cheesy as hell. Into The Mouth of Hell We March has some awesome lyrics, the pre-chorus is epic as fuck :agreed: Hell, most of their lyrics I find pretty awesome.

It´s funny you say that because, in my opinion, Trivium is all cheese. The name, the image, the song titles (Into the mouth of hell we march sounds like something Rhapsody would write), the lyrics and well, I said it all.:mad:

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
Being someone that loves Shogun to death (especially the second half), I can't help being slightly dissapointed with the fact that they started a song with a breakdown and made it the main part of said piece.

WRONG

Breakdowns are supposed to be for emphasis, if not they become pointless and trendy. If your songs are based around a breakdown, you should learn to write a decent tune.
I hope the rest of the album is less core-oriented...

Murmel

Reaction score
It´s funny you say that because, in my opinion, Trivium is all cheese. The name, the image, the song titles (Into the mouth of hell we march sounds like something Rhapsody would write), the lyrics and well, I said it all.:mad:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion :cool:

Being someone that loves Shogun to death (especially the second half), I can't help being slightly dissapointed with the fact that they started a song with a breakdown and made it the main part of said piece.

WRONG

Breakdowns are supposed to be for emphasis, if not they become pointless and trendy. If your songs are based around a breakdown, you should learn to write a decent tune.
I hope the rest of the album is less core-oriented...
I wouldn't have too high hopes about it not being core-oriented, because they seem to go back to drop tunings (will be entire album be in C#? That would be fucking awesome) and they seem to go back to a style closer to Ascendancy.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
The cd drops today, mine should be in my mailbox when I get home! Yay! Really looking forward to this album, most of the clips I've caught on youtube sound pretty excellent! :D

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
The cd drops today, mine should be in my mailbox when I get home! Yay! Really looking forward to this album, most of the clips I've caught on youtube sound pretty excellent! :D

Good for you!!! Mine will only arrive in the next 3 weeks!!! :ugh:Amazon shipped it yesterday...youtube will suffice for now!!!:wallbash:

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Just do like I have been doing, check out those studio practice vids they posted on YT that are full HD! :D

On the DVD there's also Watch This World Burn, Suffocating Sight, Ember to Inferno. It's pretty awesome!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
On the DVD there's also Watch This World Burn, Suffocating Sight, Ember to Inferno. It's pretty awesome!

Wow that's excellent! :metal: I ordered the special edition with the DVD so I'm excited! I really enjoyed the ones on YouTube, Trivium is one of my favorite bands so having high quality live vids are a huge bonus for me! :wub:

Homebrew1709

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Trivium but I think In Waves is a huge step backwards. It seems as though they tried to go back to the Ascendancy sound but tried too hard. The whole album sounds forced. I find the songs to be predictable and uninteresting. Shogun was a fantastic album - aggressive, complex, and unique. In Waves doesn't do much for me - not yet at least. Also, I don't care for Nick's drumming. Travis, in my opinion, was a much better fit for Trivium's thrash-influenced style. If it sounds like I'm being harsh, it's only because I really like Trivium (and love Shogun as an album) and I was expecting better. Just my two cents...

Sikthness

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Trivium but I think In Waves is a huge step backwards. It seems as though they tried to go back to the Ascendancy sound but tried too hard. The whole album sounds forced. I find the songs to be predictable and uninteresting. Shogun was a fantastic album - aggressive, complex, and unique. In Waves doesn't do much for me - not yet at least. Also, I don't care for Nick's drumming. Travis, in my opinion, was a much better fit for Trivium's thrash-influenced style. If it sounds like I'm being harsh, it's only because I really like Trivium (and love Shogun as an album) and I was expecting better. Just my two cents...

I have been listening to the CD for a few days and completely agree with this post. I gave it a few extra spins to make sure my initial impression was correct, and unfortunately this is a massive step back. Shogun had some great tracks on it, and to be honest 99% of this is boring and rehashed music from either their back catalogue as well as the year 2002. Shogun seemed like such a big step forward I can't believe they made a concerted effort to take 3 steps back ?! Mind Boggling!!!

setsuna7

Poor Gearwhore
Reaction score
Wow that's excellent! :metal: I ordered the special edition with the DVD so I'm excited! I really enjoyed the ones on YouTube, Trivium is one of my favorite bands so having high quality live vids are a huge bonus for me! :wub:
Same here,I ordered the same thing,can't wait!!!:shred:

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Don´t you think that you should have a few more listens/days before writing a review?

I´m liking the album so far and the bonus dvd is also great. Matts singing has improved a lot!

I've listened to the album way before receiving the actual copy. Benefits of being a music journalist. My original score was going to be lower, but I let it sink in for a week and then it grew on me.

')