Trouble finding pickguard for my 87' Ibanez RG550

Schaug

Reaction score
2dgKzy6.jpg

Are there any resources on screw hole measurements and alignment? This one has the Original Edge btw. Just can't seem to find the one that fits the holes without going custom route. And I need to change mine since it's all battered. This one is somewhat shorter on the bass side? :scratch:

Anyone has a pickguard for me or a link or anything?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

weirdoku

Reaction score
Take that one off, buy a pieces of acrylic of which ever colour you like. Trace it. Cut it out. If you want it cut out perfectly, trace the original pickguard to a piece of paper (A3), scan it and digitize it. Find some local businesses (or if you know someone that knows someone) that does small laser cutting jobs and get them to cut it for you. It won't have the bevel though, unless the place can do that too.

If you are going to pay $100 for a piece of plastic (OEM or not) you're an idiot ha, you can send me that pickguard and give me $50 and I'll get one made for you and I'll still make a profit lol.

Schaug

Reaction score
I know bruh, who would pay 100$ + shipping for a piece of plastic? I guess I could cut out my own plate but yeah, no bevel. The othe option is maybe to try and fit a guard designed for a Lo Pro and keep the holes that don't fit unscrewed/taped only. Idk

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn't look that bad. If it's just scratches and discolouration, you might be able to polish it.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I have personally ordered one for my 87 RG550, and it matched up perfectly, screw holes & all.

http://pickguards.us/priceibanez.html

Scroll down to:

324 Ibanez RG-550 - HSH, there is no pickguard material between the neck pickup and the neck, 2 pots, slot switch, tracing required

Although, when I purchased mine some years back, I didn't have to send a tracing.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
I know bruh, who would pay 100$ + shipping for a piece of plastic?

Vigier owners.

The pickguard on my SL Master ARRIVED cracked, then the crack progressed over the next year until the pickguard collapsed under the weight of the bridge pickup. I emailed their US rep DJ and gave him my card number for a replacement pickguard. A week later, I receive a f#*#ing package from Paris containing the new pickguard and an invoice for $102. I promptly sold the guitar. As great as the guitar was, musicians need to work within a musician's budget.

weirdoku

Reaction score
You didn't question how much it was before giving over your card details? :nuts:

marcwormjim

Reaction score
It wasn't a common-enough request to have more than a ballpark figure quoted, for either end-cost or wait time. Suffice to say, it was underestimated on both ends of the Atlantic; and could have been handled better. I account for my share of responsibility through having not done business with them, since.

')