Trouble with EMG style pick-ups to SD black Winter

• Thread starter cesar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cesar

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I bought an Ibanez Rg8 and a set of Black winter's.

To my great surprise, the new pups DON'T HAVE THE FRAME.

That's how it was supposed to be?

How I can install the pups now if I can't find a store selling the frames and springs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tisca

Big-tube snob
Reaction score
Pickups don't come with rings. I think you can direct-mount the SDs just like the old pups but drilling the threads in the pickup will make it much easier.

Like so:
30sgk1e.jpg

Kovah

Reaction score
If you're talking about pickup rings see the post above. If you're refering to pickup covers (see google pic).
Ibanez-RG8-750x400.png

If so you probably bought an uncovered pickup set and the coils are visible. If the pickups look like the ones on the picture below it's perfectly normal :
black_winter_set1-300x200.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
You can buy some 3.5'' soapbar bass covers if you need to. It'll cover up the holes.

That or I think someone out there makes custom-made pickup rings for soapbar routes.

That, or the seller fucked you over and didn't send you the soapbar covered pickups if you specifically asked for them.

cesar

Reaction score
Seems it's right and was my mistake not checking this.
2019-01-27 14.07.06.jpg

The passive does not come with pick up rings.

I followed tisca advice and direct monted the pickups in the wood and seems good enough, thank guys!

devastone

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure every new pickup I've bought came with a ring, might want to contact SD and ask.

Oops, just saw you weren't in the US, did you buy them from a store? Or used from an individual?

')