Truss rod in a RG320FM

• Thread starter walleye
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

walleye

Reaction score
hey

im wondering if anyone knows what sort of truss rod would be in my old RG320FM
more specifically what size truss rod was used, can anyone help at all?

thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
i have one. are you wanting to know what size wrench to use?

its a 4mm by the way if thats what your asking ;)

walleye

Reaction score
thanks, but no. i want to know the actual length of the truss rod.
im going to be cutting off 1 or 2 frets at the end and i just want to make sure i dont accidentally try and shorten the truss rod while im at it.

truss rods in RGs ought to be the same as those in JEMs, so does anyone know the length of a jem's truss rod?

Amiro

Reaction score
Are you going to shorten your fingerboard? Like cutting out a piece of the neck? Wouldn't that ruin the intonation since the scale lenght will be different?

walleye

Reaction score
intonation will be fine, the nut will be in the same position still.. and bridge
ill either shorten it to 23 or 22 frets and put a dimarzio air norton single in the gap. im pretty sure the neck pocket will still be nice and tight

Amiro

Reaction score
intonation will be fine, the nut will be in the same position still.. and bridge
ill either shorten it to 23 or 22 frets and put a dimarzio air norton single in the gap. im pretty sure the neck pocket will still be nice and tight

I'ts not about the nut and bridge position really, the important thing is where the frets are placed in relationship with the scale length of the guitar. If you have a fingerboard with an overhang you can probably cut those of, but if you alter the overall length of the neck you will probably mess it up. But then again I'm not an expert, anyone care to correct me?

walleye

Reaction score
if the nut and bridge stay in the same position, then the frets must also stay in the same position.. how could they not?

avenger

Reaction score
He is just shaving a few frets off I dont think hes gonna hack the neck down, jsut shave a few frets off and throw a pickup in the extra space.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
If you are only cutting the fretboard, you will not even get near the truss rod.

its prolly 18" btw.

Latest posts

')