Truss rod problem

Reaction score
Hey all i bought a new guitar just yesterday that was used like new.
A 7 string carvin dc7x i belive. I noticed the the neck had a concave to it so i tried to adjust it myself after reading online for a few hours. Basicly i got a bad bit of information and snaped some part inside of the truss rod. The nut on the end that you put your tool into is loose and and moves freely now though he neck has seen no change though does feel a little less stable. Almost nothing changed on the guitar neck thouh the snap as very loud. Im wondering i maybe it could just be the end that has broken. Does anyome have ay information on how much fixing somthing as such would cost.

Carvin told me 400 though i was going to do it local and i told them i snaped the rod in half as i was frustrated at the time of calling them although i dont know if this is true as i dont understand how the part works or in what ways they break. This is a brand new guitar and it hurts to see it in pain. Please help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Sucks dude. I don't know what that nut looks like, but can you unscrew it and take it off? Or does it just spin and spin? If it's spinning without doing anything, that can't be good. It's worth having a local guy take a look, but if the rod is broken, Carvin fixing it for $400 dleant sound too bad considering how complex the repair is to perform.

Sorry man.

Reaction score
Thanks for the repley. Yes it just spins and spins though thr neck did not move but i think its becuase of the strong construction.

Reaction score
Yes it just spins and spins.
Thanks for repley and yes it is sad. I have been playing for 10 years and this is my first real guitar. Atleast its still playable tough!

Latest posts

')