Trying out Circle K strings.

• Thread starter IdentityDevice
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
got an agile 8 a while back and went to La Bella for strings. Took me a while to get the gauges right but I have been using an .80 for the low E and I think it's just too thick for the 28.265" scale. Just ordered the .9-.76 8 string set from Circle K. Heard good things so I thought i'd give them a shot. Anyone had good or better experiences with both or either of the companies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zachyl

Reaction score
Iv never used la bella but I absolutely love circle k strings and can not see myself switching to anything else anytime soon.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Didn't like La Bella, like Circle K but their strings seem to die more quickly than other brands.

BeeG

Reaction score
I use an 84 dropped to E on my Agile 8 with 28.625" scale, and it's almost too loose for me... Circle K

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
I know tosin is using a .74 on a 27" scale so for a 28 you would think smaller would be ok. Depends on the sound u want i guess

Given To Fly

Reaction score
The tide really seems to have turned on Circle K strings. I still think they are the best wound string you can buy and if La Bella's electric strings are anything like their classical strings, I'd prefer dead Circle K's!

shawnperolis

7 String Indie Game Dev
Reaction score
I like Circle K strings a lot, but I have noticed that they don't seem to last as long as other strings.

blackjackslsc8

schecterman
Reaction score
Can't vouch for if they're better or not, but at least circle ks fit my 28 inch...I heard the daddarios aren't long enough...circle k strings come hand packaged too, and someone writes in the gauges for a nice personal touch.

Reaction score
Can't vouch for if they're better or not, but at least circle ks fit my 28 inch...I heard the daddarios aren't long enough...circle k strings come hand packaged too, and someone writes in the gauges for a nice personal touch.

I believe La Bella makes their HRS individual strings to order. You have to enter your guitar brand/model when ordering the thicker strings, so length shouldn't be an issue. D'addarios fit my 28" Schecter, but mine has a Floyd Rose, so I don't need the extra couple inches. :D

Reaction score
:lol:

1dDgwJW.gif

Dayn

Reaction score
I used to use La Bella. They were quite nice. Haven't had a problem.

I now use Circle K. I think they're a fair bit better, I prefer their tone. The thing that really tipped me is the incredibly easy shopping interface and tension charts, for both guitar and bass strings. It's just too easy to get the perfect set.

Nothing against La Bella, though. Good strings. I just prefer Circle K's strings more, and their service.

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
I got my 8 set from circle k. They feel and sound great! I definitely prefer the .76 on the low over an .80.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
you cant really go wrong with circle K... unless they randomly triple shipping costs to your country. Yeah.. thanks a lot circle GAY

Im now going to neg rep myself for rhyming K with gay. :lol:

Halogran

Reaction score
I just ordered 4 .79 gauge strings from circle k for my skervesen. It took a week for my package to make it from Seattle Washington to Kent Washington. Considering I paid $5 for shipping, and that it was a priority package that kinda pissed me off, but it's all good. The strings sound ok, I use them with a set of 10-56 cleartones. I wish cleartone made an 8 string set.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
you cant really go wrong with circle K... unless they randomly triple shipping costs to your country. Yeah.. thanks a lot circle GAY

Im now going to neg rep myself for rhyming K with gay. :lol:

Because Circle K has complete control over the cost of international shipping, right? :rolleyes: Shipping costs here got jacked up at the start of this year. They've been trying to find ways to reduce shipping costs. If you want to do something helpful instead of attacking the most visible target (Ibanez EU distribution whining all over again), try finding out who they could use as a local distributor and email those companies saying you'd like to see them stock CK strings.

')