Trying to figure out which PSU for Korg Pitchblack Custom

Edika

Reaction score
More or less title says it all. I have the Korg Pitchblack Custom tuner. I was trying to find a suitable PSU from Korg to buy but could not find a a specific model that would be reccomend it for it. It needs a 9V and min 600mA output.
I got one of ebay and tried to get one of the better ones but whenever I played and turned the pots down then I would get noise. Anyway inthe new house trying the guitar straight it and turning down the pot, no issues. Introducing a multi pedal power supply and the Maxon OD808, no noise. Introducing the Korg with the power supply, unity no noise but then after a while the noise appeared. Tried with a battery, no noise the whole time I played.

So is there a good PSU that you ca reccomend or if there is a Korg one that would work with it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
Do you have this Korg Pitchblack?

If so in the manual it says that it need a minimum of 600mA power supply or it will risk damaging the pedal. The 200mA max it has above the connector is the out voltage it can produce to connect another pedal.

Attachments

• 10624737_800.jpg
    10624737_800.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 11

Edika

Reaction score
From the manual:

DC 9 V IN jack
If you use an optional AC adapter for power, ensure that it is 9 volt ( ) and at
least 600 mA. Using an AC adapter other than what Korg recommends may cause a
malfunction or damage.
When a plug is inserted into the DC 9 V IN jack, the battery cannot be used.
DC 9 V OUT jack
When using an optional AC adapter, you can supply power to one or more effect pedals
with an optional DC cascade cable.
When using an optional DC cascade cable, makesurethat thetotal amount of current consump-
tion forthe connected pedals does notexceed 200 mA. Furthermore, pay attention to therequired
polarity of the effect pedals when connected.
Do not connect the AC adapter to the DC 9V OUT jack. Doing so will cause a malfunction
or damage.
If the Pitchblack Custom is activated using a battery, you cannot supply power from the DC
9V OUT jack.

Better plug it in on the 800mA one if you have this model just to be on the safe side!

Edika

Reaction score
I saw that and it makes sense. That manual is just so confusing. I have a multi power source and didn't connect it there as it has 200mA outlets and a couple of 500mA ones. I was thinking it's not enough but they should specify you need the 600mA and higher if you plan to power other pedals.

')