Ts9 through a solid state amp?

• Thread starter GSingleton
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
I have a Line 6 spider IV 75 watt. I really want to boost my mids. As much as I know this pedal does it. I like the live sound I get with my amp and its presets but I just need a little extra push sometimes.

I am bidding on two atm and need to know if its worth it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gryphon

Reaction score
I've tried my SD1 on my old peavey bandit solid state and it definnitely wasn't worth it, works way better with tubes

myampslouder

Reaction score
I used to boost my randall RH150. made a huge difference in tone. one of my friends used a tube screamer with a marshall mg100hdfx and actually gets a pretty badass tone. I also used on on my old vavlestate combo. Worked really well.

Honestly it would never hurt to try

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Try it, but don't count on it. I have a Trademark 60 (a Tech21/sansamp SS amp - SS but not digital) and it added noise and little else. Totally didn't do anything for tone or tightness, etc.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I'd try a MXR 6-band EQ for a little added gain or tone shaping. I'm talking out in front just like a booster. Make a hump with the mids boosted and nothing cut.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
I looked at the eq pedal. Its seems like a great idea cause I like my tone but I just need boosted mids sometimes. I mean pickups would help also.

random question,I dont get the eq levels...like what each frequency is what?'

Edit: not bidding on the ts9 pedals anymore cause they went out of a decent range for used pedals imo

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
^Instead of a 6 band I'd go for a 10-band. Definitely better all around and not much harder to use.
Graphic EQ's typically go from left to right, bass to treble. The sliders in the middle (500-1000) are your mids.
That's a rough explanation. Today's not a big thinking day for me :lol:

demigod

Reaction score
Get one of those FBV pedals and then you can create patches with tone to all your liking :D

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
Random question.

How is the quality of the way pedal on the Fbv boards? I have a Dunlop cry baby and considered selling it for 50 bucks on eBay to help fund getting one. But is the quality good or just plain shit?

')