TSE audio x50 v1.0 (Peavey 5150 simulation) - test

Jobam-Martins

Guitarrista
Reaction score
Hey guys,how are You?

I tested the TSE audio x50 v1.0. Very cool simulation.It has a lot of presence.

I used NadIR for the cab and Mercuriall TSC 808 core for the booster.
This guitar is a Dean ds91.

I was searching and found out they released new versions of the x50. I got this version 1.0 years ago when I tried to start mixing. I was looking into the old files in my computer and found this one so I gave it a try. It's really cool.

Feel free to give Your opinions. I like to practice mixing and learn with every experience. So, it helps a lot when You guys give me advices.

Thanks for listening!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
.,....it kinda irks me that people in this forum will ignore posts like this..then go to the gear page making a "WhUt AmP SiM i UsE?!?!11" post. If they payed attention to the shit people make instead of just wanting to talk about established bands and gear they can't afford, they'd be better off.

Anyways...good work. That's the one amp sim I don't have because I felt I had enough 5150 sims. Have you tried it against some others?

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Great to see love for the TSEX50. I recommend it regularly as IMO it just does that so well. Great playing in the clip too.

Reaction score
So I checked out some vids of it and figured I'd try the demo...holy shit. That is hands down the best 5150 sim I've tried and I have pretty much all the free ones. They're all good but this one is DEFINITELY a keeper. I'm gonna buy the full version for sure.

mungiisi

Reaction score
Great to see love for the TSEX50. I recommend it regularly as IMO it just does that so well. Great playing in the clip too.

I agree - the TSE X50 is great. For some reason it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Maybe due to their lack of advertising and social media presence...

The one major thing in the TSE's simulation I like is the lack of the fizz on the higher frequency which seems to be on every other hi-gain simulation. It might be a thing I could get away with different IR's and/or tweaking a graphical EQ, but the TSE sounds very good "straight out of the box".

Mathemagician

Reaction score
For simple practicing you could just leave the TSE on the default settings and just jam.

mpexus

Reaction score
I agree - the TSE X50 is great. For some reason it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Maybe due to their lack of advertising and social media presence...

Not now and for a long time. But they used to be the:

- What Sim should I get ?
- Just get the TSE X50 was the answer some years ago everywhere on Metal Forums.

Problem is they are too quiet for also 3-4 years. This is an industry of Trends where if you shut up and "disappear from radar" you are forgotten in no time. The lack of news led me to believe the product is about to become "Abandonware". Competition is more fierce today than it was when it came out.

Jobam-Martins

Guitarrista
Reaction score
.,....it kinda irks me that people in this forum will ignore posts like this..then go to the gear page making a "WhUt AmP SiM i UsE?!?!11" post. If they payed attention to the shit people make instead of just wanting to talk about established bands and gear they can't afford, they'd be better off.

Anyways...good work. That's the one amp sim I don't have because I felt I had enough 5150 sims. Have you tried it against some others?
Thanks,man. I tried Nick Crow 7170 and NaLex for now. I'm planning on doing tests on them as well. My idea with my videos are exactly trying to help people that can't afford gear and wants to upload some content. Here in my country we have so many great bands but gear is very expensive,some are the prices of cars. No joke. So, many guys just quit after some years without uploading their stuff and tell me that sometimes because they could not pay for good production. We see this all the time here. So I started to check if with freeware stuff We can find good tones so people can be happy uploading their stuff. Thanks for Your feedback

Jobam-Martins

Guitarrista
Reaction score

The one major thing in the TSE's simulation I like is the lack of the fizz on the higher frequency which seems to be on every other hi-gain simulation. It might be a thing I could get away with different IR's and/or tweaking a graphical EQ, but the TSE sounds very good "straight out of the box".
I agree. It's very similar to the tone of a 5150. I was listening to some guys dialing on Youtube and checking in my mixing the IRs. The dynamic response of the x50 is very good.