TSE Audio X50 v1 amp sim - My metal review

alessandroarzilli

Reaction score
Hello everybody! This is my personal review of a great amp sim by TSE, the X50v1.
So this is the freeware version and you can download and try it from their own website, along with other good plugins (some free and some pay): https://www.tseaudio.com/home
I used this amp sim on a lot of my old songs (you can have a quick listen on my Instagram account if you want, I tend to post daily a short excerpt of each song) and it really worked great, especially combined with other free VSTs like for example the NadIR cab simulator and free impulse response files.
Of course it will never be able to overtake new plugins like the Nameless suite or the Toneforge, but if you put a free vst overdrive in front of it (TS-999 by Ignite Amps to name one) it really does a good job emulating a 5150. Version 2 is absolutely killer, though, but it costs 69,99 bucks so maybe there are other ones less expensive. I love how the mid get really well expressed with the X50 v1, especially doing fast solo shreds, it recalls a bit the Lextac amp sim by LePou.
These are just my two cents, I'm not endorsed by TSE Audio, I just like to test gear and products, review them and share it on my social media pages as much as with you people of sevenstring.org.
Hope you'll like my review, I've tried to add as much as I knew to it without just spamming my channel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.