Tube heat

• Thread starter jamesy_pwd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
hi, how hot should tubes get? when playing at band practice on about 3 or 4 with my 6505 how hot should the tubes get? because ive noticed they get REALLY REALLY hot (well hot in my opinion but i dont know anything) theres a nice hot stream of air comming out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

raximkoron

Reaction score
They should cook pretty good after a couple hours of use. As long as nothing is failing due to the heat you should be good.

warped

Reaction score
Both my amps (Dual Recto and Sherlock Fat Head) get pretty hot at rehearsals (hot enough that the metal grill at the top is pretty hot to touch (not too hot to touch though - but not that far off it)). I have started to put a tiny fan near the back of my amps at rehearsal - just enough to make sure there is some air circulating near the back of my amp as they are usually pretty close to a wall/corner - this seems to keep things 'warm' back there.

')