TubeDepot Problem - Unmatched QUAD

• Thread starter DanielLunardi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DanielLunardi

Reaction score
Hi folks !
My names is Daniel, i am a 31 year old brazilian guitarist.
About 15 days ago, i bought a Matched Quad of 6L6 Electro Harmonix for my 5150ii. I bought in Tube Depot. I ask fo TD send the tubes for my friend who was traveling in USA, and he bought the tubes to me when return to Brazil.

Yesterday i went to my local technician, and for my surprise, the tubes WASN'T matched... i promptly send an email to Eric at TD, but until today i have no answer .. Now i ask to you, what i will do? It seems that TubeDepot doesn't care about that, and i will need to buy a NEW matched quad, spent more money, and what i will do with the unmatched quad of EH?
I'm really upset about this case...

Attachments

• Eh2.jpg
    Eh2.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Eh1.jpg
    Eh1.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 26

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
Tube Depot has been around for years, so they're probably legit. I say give them another day or two (and possibly send another email). We did just have a holiday here in the US, so they may still be trying to catch up on orders and communications.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
^exactly. I've bought a few tubes from TD with no issues. Send another email and wait for a response, I'm sure they'll help fix your problem :yesway:

vick1000

Reaction score
For one thing, matched tubes value in a guitar amp is a myth. And you need to get the 24 hour burn in, and matched, or you will only get them to stay close. EHX also does not make the most stable tubes. Lastly, has your equipmant been calibrated?

titan amps

Reaction score
it's simple...put the tubes that read 32 & 10 on cathode current on one "side" of the OT, and put the other two on the other "side". that nets 42mA cathode current for one side and 43mA cathode current for the other side.

i can't count how many times i've had to shuffle power tubes to get the least hum from the power section...

DanielLunardi

Reaction score
For one thing, matched tubes value in a guitar amp is a myth. And you need to get the 24 hour burn in, and matched, or you will only get them to stay close. EHX also does not make the most stable tubes. Lastly, has your equipmant been calibrated?

Hi Vick, thanks for your comment. Yes, the equipment is calibrated, we put another quad of Sovteks WXT+'s and they "mark" very very close, in other words matched.

I change the tubes from socket also, but i really thinks that is a tube problem..

i will send the tubes back to TubeDepot and they will set it up for me..

')