Tuner for an ERG?

• Thread starter Aerospace274
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aerospace274

Scotty G!
Reaction score
Anyone know where one might find an accurate tuner that'll catch notes from bass D to high A and everything in between? A lot of the tuners sold in my area are for 6 strings or 7s but no 8 or 9 tuners are to be found! What should I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Anything that will work for a bass will work for an ERG. My Boss and Digitech pedal tuners, 2 Korg rack tuners, and 2 Korg handheld tuners all work fine on my 9-strings.

Reaction score
Will a Korg DTR-1000 or 2000 pickup a low Ab? I got my Seven string in drop Ab atm and need a good rack tuner. Most tuners I've tried don't pickup the Ab.

Reaction score
Will a Korg DTR-1000 or 2000 pickup a low Ab? I got my Seven string in drop Ab atm and need a good rack tuner. Most tuners I've tried don't pickup the Ab.

Yeah, you should have no problem. When we tuned in A, the DTR1000 I had picked up the A perfectly. My other guitarist uses it now, and we play 8s tuned down to EADGCFAD, and it handles that too.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I've been looking for a korg tuner myself, I'm set on a rack tuner. They seem really hard to find sadly, but I've seen behringer do a clone? Does anyone know if its worthwhile?

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
yeah... Im kinda keen on rack.
But this turbo tuner looks to be the best there is :/
MAybe I should rethink my approach

Alwballe

Reaction score
I've been looking for a korg tuner myself, I'm set on a rack tuner. They seem really hard to find sadly, but I've seen behringer do a clone? Does anyone know if its worthwhile?

NEVAH use behringer if it isnt your very last resort.
My school had a cpl of sweet rack tuners when i went there, they handled my Intrepid 828 just fine.
Ill check what brand and stuff they are for ya :)

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
NEVAH use behringer if it isnt your very last resort.
My school had a cpl of sweet rack tuners when i went there, they handled my Intrepid 828 just fine.
Ill check what brand and stuff they are for ya :)
CHAMPION! thank you :)

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I ended up finding a korg DTR1000 for a pretty reasonable price. pretty happy with that :)

')