Tuning problems really interupt my playing :(

• Thread starter Rusty_cooley702
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty_cooley702

Reaction score
ive been having tuning problems with my Dean ML i completely(cant dive or go

up) blocked the very bad licensed floyd rose that came with it everyime i tune

it after about 2 mins or so the treble string go out of tune with each other and

so does the A string could this be the tuners (some feel a bit loose),truss rod or the blocked bridge itself???

if you think it is the tuners what are some good soild tuners

thank you for reading
:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
You're properly stretching the hell out of the strings, right?

Well, I doubt it has anything to do with the truss rod, so it could be either a tuner or bridge problem.

Do you have a locking nut? If you have a locking nut and use it, then it's probably a bridge problem. If not, it could be either.

Do you have tuning problems when the Floyd is unblocked? It might be that the Floyd is somehow wiggling a bit while it's blocked, I dunno.

I wouldn't be too concerned with your tuners being a little shakey, one of the ones on my Strat is all wobbly too and it has very little impact on the tuning stability (none as far as I can tell).

Rusty_cooley702

Reaction score
ok thanks guy
ill put new strings and if that doesnt work then i know its the bridge and it wil have to be replaced sometime this year with an OFR or a fixed speedloader becasue i probably wont use the tremolo any ways

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
ew stay away from the speedloader. its a nice idea, but it super limits your choice of strings

')