Tuning to F

• Thread starter ubarhax
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GTR0B

Reverse Headstock Whore
Reaction score
I've got my K-7 tuned to F A# D# G# C# F# A# with a 74 on the low and a regular 13-56 set. In my experience, for a 25.5" you'd be best off using a 14-68 set (14-18-26-44-56-68) with an 84 on the bass side. I'm sure if you talked to D'addario they could hook you up with a custom string set like that.

I wouldn't recommend using the strings I did in such tuning, as it just sounds like mud and the strings can't hold the tuning very well at all. Back to using my 11-49-64 in B.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cow 7 sig

AU director / RHLC ©
Reaction score
untill my 8 comes in i have set one of my cow7s up in f with a 60.no probs:yesway:,may not be everyones liking but it works well for me.

Stan P

Reaction score
I am using 75 bass string ffor low G and it works fine. The string is cut from the bottom and locked in the FLoyd. The top oprtion has narrower gauge and fits fine into the tunning machine

intereo_luuk

Reaction score
Just download 'shuggah files for Guitar Pro. Change the guitar (and bass of course) tuning in BEADGBE and you're fine!

')