Turning my tele into a metal machine

• Thread starter Jake
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Man this is giving me some serious telecaster GAS. Thats awesome!
Thanks man! I myself found myself with some serious tele and les paul GAS over this summer which is how I ended up with this and my paul, I blame this place :lol:

The MIM ones make great modding platforms though :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Looks great man! Sound clip??

I've got gas for a les Paul to btw haha
I'll try to make a video to go along with the NGD, probably tomorrow. Ended up being busy today. It sounds pretty huge actually theres only one small problem with it. The saddles have really high screws sticking up out of them and they might cut me eventually so I'll probably have to pick up a set of graphtechs sooner than I wanted too.

MaxAidingAres

Reaction score
The flame on the neck looks awesome but it looks like someone spilled coffee on it. Really nice though IMHO

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone! Finals week has set in so hopefully I can get a video up by friday, if not definitely after that. My band is about to start recording again soon so I might use it for that too.

johnny_ace

Reaction score
nice! kind of what i did to mine, i added emg 81/85 s sounds asmazing IMO

Off_The_Heezay

Reaction score
Good to see someone else repping the Tele. I've been looking into a similar thing to you, although I think I'm gonna stick with single coils and get some BKP Piledrivers. Also, I'm gonna get rid of the tone pot and move the volume to it's space, for the simple reason that I can't hit the pickup selector for love nor money (anyone else struggle with this?). Anyway, I'm interested to see how this turns out, good luck! :)

johnny_ace

Reaction score
here is mine

29125_393198030938_5061939_n.jpg

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Nice mod man, always nice to see some telecaster love. I decided to put a Dimarzio Super Distortion in mine's bridge to metal it out a bit. But I thought about routing the neck pickup hole to replace the single coil to an humbucker.

Anyway, kudos on the final result, metal yet classy, totally dig it

johnny_ace

Reaction score
Is that a Jim Root sig?

no, his has like an 80-61 emg and only a volume knob and about 6 hundred dollars more than mine lol...this was an squier afinity tele, that i got for like 50 bucks and changed the hardware and modified the bridge to fit the ZAkk Wylde EMG set 81/85 set sounds awesome

')