TV and movie characters that have an influence on your life

• Thread starter morrowcosom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

morrowcosom

Reaction score
Mine are:
1) Sean Connery - Cool in a non superficial way. He just constantly asserts himself without fear of repercussions.
2) Walter White - Got sick from cancer then became extremely driven to succeed and finally began to live. He developed an immense amount of pride.
3) Goku - He can teleport, shoot big ass energy blasts, and transform into a greater being. He definitely got my imagination and drive to push harder going several years back.
4) Rambo - He is a self-reliant badass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Ron Swanson, Troy Landry and Shelby Stanga...

Cuz they're straight up bosses...

Troy - Catchin' big ass alligators all day...
Shelby - Pulling gigantic several centuries old lumber out of a gator infested swamp with a hernia, gets bitten by a cottonmouth and just lays down for a little bit and goes right back at it as if nothing's wrong...
Ron Swanson - 'nuff said...

morrowcosom

Reaction score
Shelby Stanga - Louisiana Life - January-February 2011 - New Orleans, LA

"And then there are the critters he encounters while searching for logs. He sports scars from snake and snapping turtle bites, though he’s been known to get revenge on the offending reptiles: He sometimes bites the heads off venomous snakes and has teeth marks on his tongue to prove it."

This guy sounds like a real life version of "The Alphabet of Manliness". I bet he lives off a diet of Beef Jerky and Whiskey.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Shelby Stanga - Louisiana Life - January-February 2011 - New Orleans, LA

"And then there are the critters he encounters while searching for logs. He sports scars from snake and snapping turtle bites, though he’s been known to get revenge on the offending reptiles: He sometimes bites the heads off venomous snakes and has teeth marks on his tongue to prove it."

This guy sounds like a real life version of "The Alphabet of Manliness". I bet he lives off a diet of Beef Jerky and Whiskey.

Literally a fuckin manimal. I saw him bite a snake. Mind blown. Says he's been bitten over 700x.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
Jack O'Neill from Stargate SG-1 "laughing in the face of danger, even when its inappropriate"

Mexi

Reaction score
I grew up watching TNG as a kid and even though I couldn't quite understand the broader meaning of his words, I was always entranced by Jean Luc Picard's little soliloquies.

I'd like to think as I kept reruns and enjoying it just as much, it helped me look at things more diplomatically and to try to use reason over emotion when I can. Also, Riker inspired me to grow a beard

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a couple off the beaten path choices.

Louden Swain (for not only climbing the wall, dropping major weight, and whooping the best in the state, but most influentialy for banging the hot old bar slut while himself still in diapers lol)
visionquest_zpsdaabbd07.jpg

Paul Sicero (for living by the code of--- If you're going to do wrong, do it the right way, and for f**** sakes stay OFF the damned phones). Too bad his boys never listened.
pauly_zps91896204.jpg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
This

Also Dr. Cox from Scrubs, those rants are delightful.

Luckily for me, Cox helped me prove to others that rants/tangents are a normal part of life and everyone should be allowed to have them. Not sure if it's an influence so much as a support beam, but either way you've got to love him.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
Tom and Jerry taught me to laugh until I cried. Now they're tattooed on my right arm in a sleeve with all my favorite cartoons of all time. Tom & Jerry, Simpsons, Family Guy, Thundercats and more.

Reaction score
Al Bundy showed me that marriage is a living hell to be avoided at all cost. "Women, you can't live with them... the end."

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Pretty much all of the late 80s/early 90s action heros :lol:
Schwarzenegger as Terminator, Bruce Willis as John McClane and especially Stallone as John Spartan/ The Demolition Man :yesway:
God, I love that movie!
Started lifting weights at the age of 10 because of those guys haha

')