Two guitars, strictly for metal!

• Thread starter Meshugger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Meshugger

Reaction score
With christmas around the corner, i figured that i would give myself a little treat this year. What i want aesthetically and in terms of sound, is something metal and i narrowed it down to 2 guitars, namely:

fx-360.jpg

ESP LTD FX-360PBS

or a,

imageLrg.jpg

B.C. Rich KK Signature V2

Which one would you guys like and why? I pretty much zero chance to try them out myself in a 300km radius, but maybe someone here has been lucky?

Or should i just buy a Pod X3 and save the rest of the money? :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
+1 For the KL lookalike. Those are great players as well, And a lot less tacky than the KKV.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know, scratch that. Go with the LTD, unless of course you really want a trem and will, at some point, be swapping out the pickups.

Shashing

Reaction score
I've got a major soft spot for that V after a guitarworld lesson I watched a few years ago. The ltd would probably last you longer in the long run though, aesthetically speaking.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I'd prefer the LTD out of the two, but different scale lengths, different neck joints, 22 v. 24 frets, and fixed bridge v. trem. What are you looking for?

Forced Chaos

Reaction score
I like the KK V but then again I own a BCR Deluxe Jr. V. Check into those man before you decide. Mine has the same Beast headstock and came with EMG's and an original Floyd Rose stock. It's a damn good playing axe and if I told you what I paid for it you would shit yourself. Bought it off the bay from Music Farm as a B stock guitar and it's almost flawless and plays like a mofo. Let's put it this way....I paid just a hair under $500.00 for it which is just ridiculous considering the hardware on the guitar. I didn't have to change one thing on it which is totally rare in that price range plus it's neck through with an ebony fretboard to boot.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I like the KK V but then again I own a BCR Deluxe Jr. V. Check into those man before you decide. Mine has the same Beast headstock and came with EMG's and an original Floyd Rose stock. It's a damn good playing axe and if I told you what I paid for it you would shit yourself. Bought it off the bay from Music Farm as a B stock guitar and it's almost flawless and plays like a mofo. Let's put it this way....I paid just a hair under $500.00 for it which is just ridiculous considering the hardware on the guitar. I didn't have to change one thing on it which is totally rare in that price range plus it's neck through with an ebony fretboard to boot.

This sums up B.C. Rich currently. Although that V has the most annoyingly shit paintjob ever. It would look sick in black :lol:

OR GUN METAL GRAY! :hbang:

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score

I thought the riches came with the Ping Floyd Rose 'original', and not OFRs?

Meshugger

Reaction score

Thanks, I didn't know that they came with the beast headstock though. Definately worth checking out.

Forced Chaos

Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't know that they came with the beast headstock though. Definately worth checking out.

Yeah they still have them around with the Beast headstock. The newer ones have the backwards inline 6 headstock. Here's a pic of mine and the bridge is OFR not a Ping.

111_1118.jpg

111_1119.jpg

111_1120.jpg

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
As long as a bc rich has the R logo somewhere on it, you know it's a good guitar.

rcsierra13

Reaction score
I say go for the LTD its a pretty beast guitar and doesn't look as 'trying to be metal' as the BC Rich

')