Two kids with mad guitar skill...

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris and Arde of Burning The Masses jamming to part of 747 by Knights Of The Abyss and then going into one of their songs in Burning The Masses, Cyanide.

Here's just Chris himself doing a solo cover from the song "An Autopsy" by The Faceless

Here's just Arde himself doing some sweeps and such.
"I call this one... LIGHTNING." :lol:

Lastly, here's the two of them doing a random improv with each other.

I just thought I'd share with you guys, it's just cool to watch every now and then. And the fact that they were both only ~17 when they recorded those videos is just kinda cool. They've got amazing song writing capabilities too.

Here's there band myspace...
MySpace.com - Burning The Masses (HAS A NEW SCREAMER & DRUMMER) - San Diego County, California - Death Metal / Metal / Progressive - www.myspace.com/burningthemasses

And here's Chris' Youtube channel to keep an eye out for more covers...
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
He actually deleted a few which kinda sucks 'cause they were pretty amazing.

Oh, and here's Knights Of The Abyss' and The Faceless' myspace pages incase any of you were wondering exactly who they covered...
MySpace.com - Knights Of The Abyss - GLENDALE & TUCSON, Arizona - Death Metal / Thrash / Hardcore - www.myspace.com/knightsoftheabyss
MySpace.com - THE FACELESS - Los Angeles, California - Metal / Death Metal / Progressive - www.myspace.com/thefaceless

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Well, I'll put the negative first. I don't really find the music itself to be all too interesting, and the guys seem like the sort of kids that would annoy me to no end back in high school. :shrug:

Now for the positive. They both seem to be greatly skilled with lead technique. Definitely a lot better than I am now. Their playing seemed extremely clear, precise, and fluid. Two thumbs up in that department. :)

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
+rep for not yawning and turning away

They do play really clean and precisely and they seem to have a lot of potential even though they are pretty childish with the whole "fuck you" "smoke weed" attitude, but this is about guitar skill and not human behavior.

:)

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Well, for me, if you put up a video, you have to expect every part of it to be critiqued. Playing, performance, and personality. It just stuck out to me.

But once again, great players. The music ain't my thing, but if it works for you ... :hbang:

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
They have skills, but nothing special, but not so bad after all :)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
sweeping is just a picking style, if that's the case, down, trem and strumming have gotten WAY overused

plus looks like they're having fun, which is the whole reason I play guitar, so good for them.

deathmask666

Filthy Fat ....er
Reaction score
That was actually pretty cool!:hbang:

I wish i could sweep like that and still be an good rhythm guitarist.
Our lead guitarist can do all of that but for a rhythm guitarist he kinda suxxx.

')