Two Notes Opus

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You guys see this thing yet? Digital amp modeler plus IR box. (Not a load box, though.) $300.

I just watched the Pete Thorn demo, and this sounds SUPER cool. It’s definitely not catering to the metal crowd, because it’s only one one high gain amp (out of like 4?) but it sounds good, and the other amps sound incredible. The software looks super good, too. A much better deal than the IR-X for my uses.

Jerrod’s got a video up, too, but it sounds meh, and he didn’t want to buy it, so he couldn’t use the desktop software. Not sure it was even worth the demo, in that sense.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I debated on sharing the news but Two Notes tended to have a lackluster reputation when it came to actual preamp stuff. It sounds pretty good here, but uh... It's a Pete Thorn video and it's hard for him to make stuff sound bad lol.
Still waiting for a stereo IR loader from them.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I debated on sharing the news but Two Notes tended to have a lackluster reputation when it came to actual preamp stuff. It sounds pretty good here, but uh... It's a Pete Thorn video and it's hard for him to make stuff sound bad lol.
Hmm, maybe I’ll pump the brakes then. Or demo one.

Here’s something I was wondering - Pete said in the video about “the presets I made for them.” And then I saw in the manual that once you register the product you can download the artist presets. Any idea of whether this is typically a free thing or paid?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I’ll pump the brakes then. Or demo one.

Here’s something I was wondering - Pete said in the video about “the presets I made for them.” And then I saw in the manual that once you register the product you can download the artist presets. Any idea of whether this is typically a free thing or paid?
Registering is free, just gotta make an account and register the product's serial number, then I imagine you get access to the presets to download them.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Registering is free, just gotta make an account and register the product's serial number, then I imagine you get access to the presets to download them.
Ok, cool. I wasn’t sure if these were presets you’d have to pay for, or what. It’s a cool shortcut to just get them, rather than fuss around with the settings.

Necky379

Reaction score
I’m waiting for the same thing. A rack stereo IR loader with 200 watt dummy loads would be really useful.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
Interesting. I was considering buying the ReVolt hoping to get better sounds out of that than the Helix but I wasn't very convinced. And now this? What's the difference? ReVolt is analog and this is modeller? They almost cost the same if I remember correctly too..

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I already have the CAB M+ and it's great for running modelers and pedals into for sure. The addition of a couple of generic amp sims isn't making me want to sell it to get one of these but for those that were interested in getting a CAB M, this would absolutely be a better buy.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Interesting. I was considering buying the ReVolt hoping to get better sounds out of that than the Helix but I wasn't very convinced. And now this? What's the difference? ReVolt is analog and this is modeller? They almost cost the same if I remember correctly too..
This is $100 cheaper. It's all digital. It only has one amp/channel but you get both preamp and power amp simulation, noise gate, on-board post-EQ, and a couple of other effects. Also you can use either IRs or Two Note's own digital cabs.

Vs the ReVolt; which is 3 channels, but no power amp sim, extra effects, and a crappy old-school analog cab sim.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
When I first read about it, I wasn’t too thrilled with the amp offerings. But after watching Pete’s demo, I was like, hmmmm, maybe I WILL start playing with an acoustic IR patch! And maybe I’ll get my EVH on with that preset. So what was initially going to be just a way to practice metal looks like it might have a good acoustic, brown, and bass tone. I didn’t even like the high gain, lol.

Last edited:

blacai

Reaction score
Is this a kind of thing I can use to use my pedals (also fx loop)directly and send the output to the audio interface/headphones?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Is this a kind of thing I can use to use my pedals (also fx loop)directly and send the output to the audio interface/headphones?
Pretty sure, yes. It’s basically an amp (sim) plus IR in a box. (But no load.)

blacai

Reaction score
Pretty sure, yes. It’s basically an amp (sim) plus IR in a box. (But no load.)
thanks :) I'm really illetrated regarding this kind of stuff... I "learnt" to play almost 20 years ago with a combo and then switched to plugins... all these pieces of gear are magic to me.
So, let's say I have the torpedo cab m+ and this new opus thingy.
how would be the chain to connect my pedalboard (the two parts, pre and fx loop)

InsideGtr2_diagram4.jpg

I'm reading the docs from two notes. then I should connect the output of the opus to the cab m+ to get the cabinet part?
First, position OPUS after any drive and distortion pedals; note, this should also include boost pedals, Wah Pedals and any Modulation FX. For this connection, please connect the last pedal in your chain to the AMP/INST/LINE IN input of OPUS.

Next place any mono or stereo spatial effects (inclusive of Reverb, Delay and post-amp Modulation FX) after OPUS by connecting these to either the DI OUT or LINE OUT. Note, prior to configuring your pedals in this manner, please ensure your selected FX can accept a line level input by consulting the respective manufacturer’s user guides.

OPUS' effects will not be heard through the physical cabinet connected to the SPEAKER OUT. Send your exact full guitar tone with our class-leading DynIR Cabinet Emulation by connecting OPUS's DI XLR output to the input of your audio interface or the mixing desk.

For optimal results, we suggest setting the “IN LEVEL” switch at LINE, which is 0dB. It is possible to boost the input and use the INST setting, which may cause some artefact floor noise due to the input gain being increased.
download_attachment.php

Last edited:
')