Two of my bands new songs with vocals!

• Thread starter shumitribe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    kings
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shumitribe

Reaction score
Battle of the Bands - Kings

we used reaper, a pod xt for the guitars and bass, sd 2.0 for the drums, refx nexus for any synths, and addictive drums for the percussion in the intro for gilgamesh.

i'm not really sure what to do with vocals. we haven't had a vocalist for very long and its my first time recording him. :scratch:

any comments and votes would be appreciated! :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
What did you use to record the vocals? If I know the Microphone I can have more of an idea what to do.

ChuckLee

R.I.P. Chuck
Reaction score
The vocals sound a bit kicking on the face, but i really dig the music. Great work guys

SweepsAllDay

Bow to Keyboard Cat.
Reaction score
The vocals remind me of Glass Casket, and the music sort of Born-of-Osiris-esque. It's badass.

What effects and whatnot are you running on the vocals? They sound like they could use a tiny hint of distortion to sit in the mix better. Either that or reverb/more compression.

Sorry, hard to give advice when I can't see your effects chain in front of me XD

shumitribe

Reaction score
@chucklee thanks!

@sweeps thank you! i only used vesco provoker and lexicon concert hall, but i barely put any reverb on it. i didn't want to overdo it but i really know absolutely nothing about recording vocals. haha

')