Two PRS Baritone 7 Strings

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
It would make absolute sense that they were built for Mushok, seeing as how Staind just released a "comeback" album last week.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Yeah they are definetly for Mike. Staind just played on Kimmel and he used a 7 string, but had to use an Ibanez (im sure not by choice).

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I win! :D They should make his new 7 model a USA sig like they did for some of the other guys (they could get rid of the Chris Henderson model if they need to make room.... :fawk: :lol:) that are endorsed. I can't see why they feel a triple-pickup singlecut would be any less of a niche market than a 7-string baritone would be. :shrug:

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I win! :D They should make his new 7 model a USA sig like they did for some of the other guys (they could get rid of the Chris Henderson model if they need to make room.... :fawk: :lol:) that are endorsed. I can't see why they feel a triple-pickup singlecut would be any less of a niche market than a 7-string baritone would be. :shrug:

Well it's no secret that the SE-7 Torerro has been on a drawing board somewhere for years so they have to be aware of it. I mean Dave Weiner, Emil and now Mike should give them an idea that it is going to be used by more than just the :dun dun dun weee: kids we are assumed to be :lol:

Adeamus

sucks.
Reaction score
Well it's no secret that the SE-7 Torerro has been on a drawing board somewhere for years so they have to be aware of it. I mean Dave Weiner, Emil and now Mike should give them an idea that it is going to be used by more than just the :dun dun dun weee: kids we are assumed to be :lol:

Agreed.

I really do hope they just go for the gold and make an American PRS 7, or even do it as another Mike Mushock sig. I've had a Baritone SE for a couple years now and it sounds and plays fantastic, and Mike had the amazing forsight to not plaster his name all over the damn thing...I am not a fan of Stained at all, but I do love that guitar, and he gets my endless thanks for that moment of clairty.

Sure, its going to be Niche, but so its the Hollowbody 12 string.

jl-austin

Reaction score
They released a baritone for Mike (6 string), I don't see why they wouldn't do a 7 string for him as well. I would guess SE though.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Agreed.

I really do hope they just go for the gold and make an American PRS 7, or even do it as another Mike Mushock sig. I've had a Baritone SE for a couple years now and it sounds and plays fantastic, and Mike had the amazing forsight to not plaster his name all over the damn thing...I am not a fan of Stained at all, but I do love that guitar, and he gets my endless thanks for that moment of clairty.

Sure, its going to be Niche, but so its the Hollowbody 12 string.

I think when it comes down to it, the real thing here is that PRS essentially makes more money from the 5 or so people who buy a Private Stock 7 string annually then what they think they would net from a production model. Is this right or wrong? I don't think any of us could know, but I believe the demand has been picking up so much over the last few years that they will do it to appease the masses. Paul listens to his fans and it's been a trend over the years in his releases.

The fact is that it's no longer the stereotypical ''kids looking to emulate their favorite low tuned bands", but serious musicians with serious money who have no problem going to private luthiers like BRJ and dropping 3k+ on a guitar. Since the devotion to high end ERG's is huge now I would hope/think/pray they capitalize on it. It would take a lot of investing on PRSi part though because they would need to aquire new machinery to handle the pickups as they cannot wind their own 7's now and use DiMarzio/Duncans. The same might be for 7 string tremelos as well but I am not certain. :2c:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I would be sorely disappointed if a PRS 7 was released that did not have a trem. Those things are amazing.
That being said, I would still buy any sort of SE-7 as fast as possible.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I think when it comes down to it, the real thing here is that PRS essentially makes more money from the 5 or so people who buy a Private Stock 7 string annually then what they think they would net from a production model. Is this right or wrong? I don't think any of us could know, but I believe the demand has been picking up so much over the last few years that they will do it to appease the masses. Paul listens to his fans and it's been a trend over the years in his releases.

The fact is that it's no longer the stereotypical ''kids looking to emulate their favorite low tuned bands", but serious musicians with serious money who have no problem going to private luthiers like BRJ and dropping 3k+ on a guitar. Since the devotion to high end ERG's is huge now I would hope/think/pray they capitalize on it. It would take a lot of investing on PRSi part though because they would need to aquire new machinery to handle the pickups as they cannot wind their own 7's now and use DiMarzio/Duncans. The same might be for 7 string tremelos as well but I am not certain. :2c:

I would buy one, they look sweet. A classy 7 is what the market sorely needs, lets hope we get to see it. I am not talking SE either, as good as they might be I want the real deal.

jl-austin

Reaction score
(possibly trolling here)

Watch it come out in black with EMG's! LOL!!!!

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
What kind of crazy-ass tuning is that? It makes no sense to me.:scratch:

It's the I'm too lazy to think outside of drop D but I wanna jump on the low F# 8 string bandwagon like everyone else tuning... :lol:

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
I would love a PRS Seven but their prices are really 'silly steep' and even if I saved up for a year I still wouldn't have enough, I have played on a PRS Seven before and the neck was kinda wide but I like a tussle with my guitars, unless you get it badly set up with the strings literally hanging yards above the fretboard, then that is too far.

iron blast

Northern Winds
Reaction score
I could see this turning into another se 7 thread. lol I dont blame people there is so much demand for a prs 7 I personal would buy 2 if they where under 1k like mikes other sig guitar. On a different note these guitars are beautiful but make a 24 fret version tho damnit.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
I suggest bumping the old SE-7 thread to see what some newer members think :2c:.

')